1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Safari 4 Beta

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Board Stiff, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Board Stiff

Board Stiff Member

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I'll have it when I turn my computer on tomorrow.

3. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

It's OK. Slower-loading than I thought it'd be, and I'll have to get used to the tabs separating at the top of the window. I'm sure, though, that it'll grow on me.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Tabbed browsing? I might actually use it now!

With the version I have firefox is still much better, but Safari is the default it makes work a pain in the ass.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Safari's had tabbed browsing since introduction.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/using-safaris-tabbed-browsing-in-mac-os-x.html

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I've liked Safari on Mac at work, am just trying it for the first time with PC.

Meh. Doesn't seem much faster than Firefox.

EDIT: I can tell you what I've gotten used to with Firefox, and it bothers me when it isn't there. It's the back/forward option that gives you a list of visited sites forward and backward to choose from.

Also, no refresh button. I know I can go F5, but I like a refresh button.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

If you don't have the button with the recirculating arrow, you should be able to add it easily enough. Does Safari not pop up its history when you click and hold the forward or backward buttons?

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Oh, yes it does. Thanks, 2m.

9. Any thoughts yet? I'm using it now, seems to be running quickly for me. I'm digging it so far (and I was not a big fan of Safari before this).

10. Board Stiff

Board Stiff Member

I just started using it last night. Still learning all the new features. Looks great so far.

Draft saved Draft deleted