1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saddam hanged

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Dec 29, 2006.

1. No, Watts was a riot.
    This is a civil war.

2. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

The hanging of Saddam does give the new Iraqi government some legitimacy in the eyes of their citizens. They elected a government...saw a trial, and have now seen justice carried out.......something I'm sure most never imagined. Saddams death may invigorate his opposition,...they've now witnessed how trials work in a democratic society,..which is great for our military. They've only been exposed to, "anti-Saddam....bullet to the head, plus his family". This is all new to them.....including the length of a trial.

Now...they need to learn the public relations....maybe the most important American political tool. Get the Iraqi citizens excited about the possibility of a free society...turn Saddams hanging into Paul Revere's ride......

And we'll get the fuck outta there!

3. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I just hate America. I ain't no lefty or righty. I just hate America. ;)

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Sorry Boom, this is not a riot, as F_B pointed out, it is a civil war.
    And worse, the intitial plan was not well thought out and executed at all. Iit was an ill-conceived invasion with no thought given to how and when we would be able to get out of there.
    This is an abomination of Vietnam proportions, whether you righties want to believe that or not.

Draft saved Draft deleted