1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sad story about Buddy Ryan's wife

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

2. printdust

printdust New Member

Wonder if Kevin Gilbride has any sympathy for him?

3. Not to be disrepectful, but if Buddy Ryan HAS a wife, I feel sorry for her.

That dude has-had issues!

4. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

That is just too sad. He was a big of a jerk on the sidelines at Chicago and Philadelphia, but his wife, he, and his family don't deserve this.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Knew his son, Rex, when he was an assistant at college I covered. Rex was cool -- and that doesn't happen without some good things coming from both mom and dad. Sad story. My prayers with the whole Ryan family.

6. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Even the biggest of assholes (Art Model, John Elway or Jose Mesa) don't deserve to deal with something like this... best wishes to Buddy.

EDIT: OK, maybe Model.

7. Art models pose nude. Art Modell owned the Browns.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

i had no idea. i spoke to buddy in september for a story on the glory days of the nfc east, when he and jimmy johnson would go at it, along with parcells and gibbs. he was terrific, as usual, and never uttered a word about his wife. was looking forward to seeing his boys coach against each other the next week.

so sad. :( :( :(

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Dude, that's harsh.

No one deserves such torment.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Very well-done story.

I'm absolutely terrified of Alzheimer's.

11. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Hard to believe they have been together for nearly 40 years. I can't imagine the sacrifices of time they made while Ryan was coaching, thinking they'd have so many years left together only to painfully realize that you don't.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot, PRB. Now I have the image of Art Modell posing nude seared into my retinas.

Draft saved Draft deleted