1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sad news in Evansville

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2006/sep/05/tim-kaiser-assistant-sports-editor-dies-at-45/

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Terrible news.

RIP Tim.

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

To be honest, it's been a weird day at work. The death was a shocker, and I'll admit I cried last night over it. I think more than a few of us at the paper did.

I'd worked with Tim for nearly 9 years, from my start as a part-time sports writer to my current position in editing.

He was gruff on the outside, but soft and kind-hearted on the inside. You know the type.

When I first started at the C&P, I went to a local bar once every week or two after a shift for a beer and conversation time with Tim and several other reporters and editors. Tim always got there latest of any of us because he stayed behind to get the sports TV listings done for the next day (a real pain-in-the-ass job). But he was always good for a funny story and a good ear when you needed to gripe about things.

He was good people. And I'll miss him.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I wish that all accounts such as that provided a mug shot.

Sounds like he was someone I really would have liked.

I have 21 years at the same place since graduating college, so that hit home a little.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Sounds like a good guy whose loss will be profoundly felt by both product and producers.

And is anyone disturbed by the hot chick promo for the pick 'em contest right next to the story?

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Condolences to Tim's family and to the staff of the Courier-Press, many of whom I know and count as friends.

7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

What a shame. Thoughts and prayers to Tim's family, OTR and his colleagues.

I remember a sportswriter, a friend of a couple of my friends, who died a few years ago at 39. IIRC, it was a heart attack.

It's never too early to get a checkup.

8. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

My prayers go out to his family and friends.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

RIP to Tim and condolences to his family, friends and co-workers at the paper.

10. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I dunno, I actually saw an ad for a hospital, which is disturbing in itself.
    Didn't know Tim, but know how hard it is to lose a great friend and co-worker. RIP.

11. ECrawford

ECrawford Member

No doubt, Tim was a great guy and extremely dedicated to the paper. He was always supportive of everybody he worked with, and because of his knowledge of the city and local sports was also extremely valuable to the paper. Awful news.

Draft saved Draft deleted