1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saban asks recruiting sites for integrity

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SouthernStyle, Jun 20, 2009.

1. SouthernStyle

SouthernStyle Member

http://blog.al.com/rapsheet/2009/06/nick_saban_asks_for_recruiting.html

Surely fansite bloggers wouldn't do something like this.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

He's right, of course, but it's still worth a chuckle to hear Little Nicky talk about integrity.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Just a chuckle?

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I wish I could tell my Saban stories here without outing myself. The guy is a piece of work.

5. It's hard to feel sorry for Saban -- OK, damn near impossible -- but he's right about the lack of ethics exhibited by some of these fan sites masquerading as journalists. We get tarred with the same brush, because non-blogging fans don't make the distinction between real journalists and these fanboy bloggers.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Well, if so, that's not the fanbois fault, now is it?

7. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Saban? Integrity?

Well I'll be! Someone finally got the two into the same sentence.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And without the blue font.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The mean nasty bloggers are telling the recruits lies, just like Saban does when he says "I'll still be coaching here three years from now." *

(Or three weeks, what's the difference.)

* Unless my agent Jimmy goes out and scares up an offer for 10 cents more than I'm getting paid now, that is.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Keep in mind, Satan wants everyone on the same page -- fans, players, coaches, administration, media... this is just an extension

11. The Rivals guys on my former beat were both exemplary professionals, and they beat our ass on real stories more than once. More than a dozen times probably.

12. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Saban is just the most visible stereotype of 90 percent of Division IA football coaches-- a bully, an asshole, drenched in paranoia and unreasonable in so many ways.

To get to the top of their profession, they had to work their ass off and lose every decent personality trait they may have had at some point in their life.

Draft saved Draft deleted