1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

S.L. Price's story on James Dolan and Zeke

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pringle, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Good read and worth the time investment, for the SI subscribers here.

Mutombo's quotes on Isiah are great.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Great, great stuff.

Right out of the Ray Lewis vein.

Write the facts, and let the son of a bitch hang himself.

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I didn't know much about Dolan before I read that article. And after reading that, I have very little respect for a guy who is such an asshole to his employees. He keeps shooting from the hip and his teams keep taking on self-inflicted wounds.

4. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

I just read the article over lunch. Great, great piece. Price has got game.

But in another SI related matter, did anybody read the Delgado piece? Did it seem to anybody else that Greenfeld might have gone a little overboard on the description because there wasn't much more to the story about Delgado? Don't get me wrong, Greenfeld can write and I'm a Mets fan, so I was going to read the sucker, but when I got done I really didn't think I learned anything about Delgado.

5. leo1

leo1 Active Member

terrific story, although it's not like dolan is a complicated guy. he's a fucking asshole. why? because he can be.

sure, in introspective moments with s.l. price he admits he doesn't want to be a total jerk - but apparently is ok being a near-total dick. and yeah, he has a conscience; he still helps fund mutumbo's hospital.

if anything, the piece should've come down harder on isaiah, maybe with a sidebar on how he set the raptors back by a decade and virtually destroyed the CBA as it existed for decades before he got involved.

Draft saved Draft deleted