1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

S.F. Mayor admits alcohol problem and affair

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by D-3 Fan, Feb 6, 2007.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

This may have been already old news or not, but I stumbled across this tonight. Newsom admitted last Thursday that he had an affair with his chief of staff/campaign manager and has an alcohol problem. This after the campaign manager confronted him about the affair and Newsom admitted he was seeing her. The manager then resigned his both of his post, and things are dicey over in the Bay Area.

Two links, the original story and the accounts of how it went down...
    http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2007/02/01/MNGM8NSSD91.DTL

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/02/02/MNGVJNTI9G1.DTL

This may not totally impede his duties as mayor, but whatever future aspirations the Dems may have had for him are in serious limbo. He was to be one of their rising political superstars, along with Barack. I was unaware that he was recently divorced and was reportedly seeing a...19 year old? Wow.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

What's the shock here?

In Frisco, this is surprising that he's having a straight affair.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I never mentioned the word "shock," Yawn. I found it to be surprising to hear about this. He came out here to Iowa to campaign during the early stages of the governor's race last spring and all we've heard about was that he was squeaky clean and "someone to watch." Apparently, we didn't watch close enough about him.

After all, us Midwestern, to paraphrase Roy Williams, usually don't give a shit about the East and West coasts.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

An older dem seeing a 19-year-old is a sure way for his numbers to go up. Especially if he got a blow job. Dems love that kind of stuff.

5. dog428

dog428 Active Member

6. old_tony

Still can't stop proving you're 8-years-old, can you?

7. dog428

dog428 Active Member

8. old_tony

Yes you do, dog. Yes you do.

9. dog428

dog428 Active Member

10. old_tony

It used to be so much more fun when it took a little effort to get you to act like an 8-year-old. Now it's no effort at all.

You must be a hit at recess.

11. dog428

dog428 Active Member

12. sorry to interrupt the name calling....but Newsom might have been a rising star in the beginning but any hopes for a future run at the presidency was dashed the second he allowed gay weddings. I lived in SF at the time and i was/am a big supporter of his policy, but I can't imagine the guy is rising much higher than his current position (insert bad joke here)

Draft saved Draft deleted