1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

S.C. Democratic Debate (CNN)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Italian_Stallion, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

"I can't tell who I'm running against sometimes."

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You do not want to push Edwards. He's feisty and he's smart and he will absolutely go off if he wants to.

At this point, he has nothing to lose.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I think she just called Big O a slum landlord?

4. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Something that may or may not have come up already on here -- and I can't speak to all of the states so far -- but Obama and his people put a ton of focus on SC from the get-go. It probably has something to do with the reception.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Edwards is coming off very well so far ... when he's been able to speak. And he just extends an olive branch toward Obama.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Clinton(s) is not coming off well at all so far. And she surrendered any chance of the "ganging up" claim in New Hampshire after the hatchet job her husband has been doing the last two weeks.

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

21, he called one of Obama's clients a slum landlord.

There have been a couple of times when I thought, "I could vote for Hillary if forced." Now, I'd rather not vote than vote for her.

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Hillary is changing her story. First she called for change last December. Just now, she said it was last March.

9. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I've only been watching a few minutes (go 'Cuse!) but she looked like she was on here way to get slaughtered.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

But will she get called on that? Probably not.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Earlier, Obama shot down Clinton's "Present" accusation -- "One of the votes you just mentioned, Hillary, I sponsored. And you know that."

The NYT also shot down this accusation:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/20/us/politics/20obama.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all&oref=slogin

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I feel like this is the Barack Obama show. And he hadn't given me much on policy before, but today's a good sounding board for him to be able to tell us his policy.

Hillary is absolutely pissed. She thinks by speaking louder that she's going to sound better to people. She's failing.

Draft saved Draft deleted