1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ryan Braun's statement just released

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Aug 22, 2013.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

IllMil -- the names weren't in the Olney report. The names were in the Passan report. We have discussed that elsewhere, and to me (and others) it sounds like Votto and Tulo just want nothing to do with it and are trying to back out, but it's fair to question Passan's report.

Olney's report stands unchallenged, though -- that Braun called players around the league and asked for their support, and that in doing so he cited Laurenzi's anti-Semitism.

K thx fanboi bye.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Unchallenged, but isn't it also unsupported by any named sources?

More importantly, y'all are just assuming Votto and Tulowitzki are lying based on...well, you pretty much want it to be that way.

3. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

1) I am not a Brewers fan.

2) I've done a lot more reading on these discussions than posting, but anybody who says anything that even contests 1% of anything you say, is a "fanboi." That's why I haven't bothered getting into this. It's you calling everyone who contests your thoughts a "fanboi," and then armchair and OOP pissing on each other until the thread is inevitably locked.

Carry on, everyone.

4. LongTimeListener

Right, and Passan left himself to open to that doubt. Understandable that there would be sides to it.

The Olney report is unchallenged by Ryan Braun. That long-ass apology and he couldn't get around to it? Things that make you go hmmmm ...

Olney's rep as a reporter comes into play here. It's pretty strong.

5. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Which is precisely what he's claiming others who disagree with him are doing on this thread.

6. LongTimeListener

Aw, Milwaukee guy got his feelings hurt.

If you read that much you would know the difference between what Passan wrote and what Olney had in the initial report.

7. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Yes. I'm crushed. Devastated by a guy who spends his life getting into pissing matches with nameless, faceless handles to the tune of 18k posts. There are a lot of cool people here I like reading, who post some of the funniest, most insightful things I've ever read. You, however, seem to do nothing but get in pissing matches every time I see you on a discussion.

I have to go finish crying now because of all the pain you've inflicted.

8. LongTimeListener

Yeah probably would have been better for you to sit out the discussion entirely instead of only 99 percent. The 1 percent did not represent you well.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

C'mon LTL, admit it!

You are the guy on the Ryan Braun threads that does nothing except engage in pissing matches.

Why can't you be more cool?

10. LongTimeListener

You have no proof that this is even me. How do you know my profile hasn't been hacked? All you have is your assumptions, which may or may not prove to be true. But we just don't know for sure.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yeah, you're not looking to stir up more pissing matches at all. Not you. Never.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Looks like you've got your hands full today, small man.

Draft saved Draft deleted