1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ryan Braun now linked to Miami PED clinic

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

So much for cleaning up the sport ...

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2013-01-31/news/a-rod-and-doping-a-miami-clinic-supplies-drugs-to-sports-biggest-names/

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Re: Miami New Times: A-Rod, Melky, Gio Gonzalez, others linked to PED clinic

This is bigger than BALCO, no?

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Thus ends the "Steroid Era Is Over."

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Awesome.

5. Key

Key Well-Known Member

I only read the first page of the link, but no football players linked to this? You've got a boxer and a tennis player but no football players. No basketball players, either. Seems strange.

6. Dick Whitman

No golfers, either, right?

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Someone of authority actually said this or Strawman to signal Outrage in the Media?

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

No.

It will be interesting to see the public reaction to this one. I'm with cran -- I think it will be a media issue but not much of one among fans.

9. Dick Whitman

I think Gammons has said it, right?

10. Dick Whitman

I don't think that fans care that much.

But you know who does? International fans and sports governing bodies.

I think the U.S., particularly fans, is moving toward more acceptance of PEDs as part of sports now. And maybe they should be, if they can be used safely. But interntionally, doping remains an enormous deal. At some point I guess we have to decide if the international community is correct in its stance, and, if not, whether we care to go against it.

11. cranberry

There are hundreds of anti-aging clinics under protection from the pharmaceutical lobby. As the story mentions.

Wealthy 50-plus men love this stuff way more than athletes.

12. cranberry

I like Peter but I haven't read or heard him say it nor would I consider him an authoritative voice on anything of this nature. Because he isn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.