1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rutgers' AD: It would be "great" if the Star-Ledger went out of business

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by EStreetJoe, Apr 7, 2014.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Herrmann works in the service of a rapacious organization such as the NCAA.
    Her thoughts on media are meaningless.
    I also will be pulling for her termination.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

No argument there. I'm sure she's far from the first person to harbor similar sentiments, but most tend to keep it to themselves.

Again, how many reporters have rooted --- openly or silently --- for Coach Asshole to get canned because of his policies regarding the media?

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

I don't like what she said but her thoughts aren't new and had no bearing on the outcome of what transpired. Fuck her. She's an idiot. Let's keep it moving.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm sure some have, but that is not the same thing as rooting for an entire business to fail and large numbers of people to be put out of work.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

This clam has yet to understand that she needs the media more than the media needs Rutgers, and if the Star-Ledger goes out of business its one more media outlet that isn't shedding light on her school's athletic programs which New Jersey barely cares about and New York couldn't give a shit about.

8. Gold

Gold Active Member

A group of writers should be able to come up with better words to describe this buffoon, bozo, incompetent, abusive, liar, creep, jerk.

If she can't deal with the Star-Ledger, what will happen when the New York newspapers, Sports Illustrated, 20/20, 60 Minutes, and NBC Dateline come after her.

9. TopSpin

TopSpin Member

Of all the classes to share these feelings with, she picked a journalism class. Nice.

Off track for a second, but I always loved my old media ethics class.

10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Nicely played. I'm still amazed that Rutgers even hired her given her past.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Coach Asshole also is making six to seven figures because his company is part of an organization that conspires to keep his employees salaries low. As opposed to regular employees at a business.

12. lohengrin

lohengrin Member

If anybody working for an Advance publication wants to criticize somebody about layoffs, all they need do is walk over to the nearest publisher's office, or better yet, contact their nearest Newhouse family member, and criticize away. Whatever you think of what the Rutgers AD said, to the best of my knowledge, she hasn't laid off, furloughed or otherwise sent packing any writer, editor, or other employee of an Advance publication. But others have -- by the hundreds.

Draft saved Draft deleted