1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rush on tour

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Twoback, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Those of you who are Rush fans might already know, but it was news to me when I got an e-mail to this ticket-selling link.
    Anyway, makes me feel good to know one of the first events at the new Consol Energy Center will be a Rush concert.
    That's getting it started right.
    They're promising a show featuring their greatest hits and a full performance of the Moving Pictures album.

http://www.ticketsnow.com/rush-tickets/?partnercode=Regional-General

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I just hope Geddy keeps his elbows down when he is playing base. :)

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If the members of Rush are Pittsburgh Steelers fans, the board will implode

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Already set for Chicago show. Very excited to hear The Camera Eye live.

I know other Rush mafioso are around and scrambling for tickets.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Disclosure: I went with some friends to a Rush show in 2002 at the Post Gazette Pavilion.

(I'm a casual fan. Own the band's two Retrospective best of CDs. That's it. And, yeah, they're an incredible live act)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Damn. I've got a game to cover at Robert Morris on the 18th of September ... I might sneak up a day early and try to catch that show on the 16th.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

My son doesn't know it yet, but his 13th birthday present is tickets to see the second Rush show in Chicago. He got into the band after hearing "Tom Sawyer" on Futurama, in the "Anthology of Interest II" episode where Fry imagines if life were like a video game. He precedes this segment by saying, "All right. It's Saturday night. I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta, and my all-Rush mixtape. Let's rock!"

I figure we can completely nerd out together that day. Watch some Monty Python. Play my old Dark Tower game sitting in the closet of my mom's house. Let's rock!

(By the way, the first show I took my son to was a Zero Boys (hardcore punk) reunion show in a converted church in Indianapolis. Disparate experiences, to say the least.)

EDIT: As if going to a concert with your old man wasn't nerding out enough.

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Dark Tower rules. And so does Rush!

They still sound great live -- saw them in 2008, and it was a great time. Maybe I'll be "finding my way" to the Seattle area in August to see this tour.

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

One stop within driving distance for me. Hope nothing big conflicts with that date.

10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Thought about linking this a couple of weeks back.

Weird Al got top billing in the Strib:

The Minnesota State Fair has announced its first entertainment acts for 2010.

Pop-music wise guy "Weird Al" Yankovic and the hard rock band Rush will be part of the Grandstand Concert Series.

I thought that was a little unfair. Also, we'll need a nerd ruling on the genre label ;)

The Grandstand is a good venue. I like outside shows.

I saw Steve Miller there a couple of years ago. Aaron Carter, way back. Hey, you do things for your kids.

The comments play out like a SportsJournalists.com Rush love/hate thread:

http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/music/90210437.html?elr=KArksUUUoDEy3LGDiO7aiU

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

In related news, Ed Greenwood will be discussing the life and times of Gary Gygax at the next Comic-Con.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Look, Buck, go back to licking Chris' taint and stay the fuck out of our thread. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted