1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rush Limbaugh taken to hospital

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Ah, the "I was just joking" defense. Lame. But it's standard procedure for cons caught being stupid. Carry on, YF.. :D

The "wise Latina" comments were ripped out of context by a right-wing desperate to find any scrap of shit to stop her nomination.

You can't have it both ways, YF: He's either a serious political commentator, or he's a comedian. Which is it?

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You understand that many people in America take his "funny" as gospel, right?

3. fishhack2009

The ones that call themselves "Dittoheads" ... that thinking for yourself thing is just soooo hard......

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Maybe he OD'd on something while celebrating that he ended up not being one of the owners of the 1-14 Rams.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Well, I didn't, I can't and I wouldn't. You have no way of knowing otherwise.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

What about Stephen Colbert's "funny?"

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

C'mon. Have you heard the song? Even if you don't think it was funny, it was clearly an attempt at humor.

And what "context" clears up her comments? She eventually backed off them rather than explain them. And she used the term repeatedly. It wasn't some dumb slip of the tongue.

Do I think she's racist? No. Does she look at things -- including legal cases -- through a racial prism? Yes.

Is that a good thing in a judge? I don't think so.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

So you are saying Rush is a comedian who should not be taken seriously? That I agree with.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

He's got a schtick. He exaggerates to make a point. He has an opinion, Don't like it, don't listen, but don't wish the guy death.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

You keep on denying....

11. fishhack2009

Are you going to tell me that John Roberts and Antonin Scalia don't see things through a prism of growing up as privileged white men?

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Who? I believe that you think that. I don't believe it to be true.

I can't believe I know -- and have to explain -- this stuff.

Ditto -- and dittoheads -- doesn't mean people believe everything Rush says.

It started as a way to speed up the program. Instead of every caller saying, "Rush, you're the best, I'm so happy I got through" -- or something like that -- they said "ditto".

It meant that they agreed with the previous caller. Not Rush.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.