1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rush Limbaugh Getting a Pass on 'Obama the Magic Negro?'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, May 18, 2007.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

But, you know, she is capable of being shrill. There's just too much evidence of that that we can all hear with our own ears. Her enablers will try to protect her from overexposing that problem, of course. I think back to the movie "A Face in the Crowd," which anticipated a Dean-like TV meltdown decades before it actually happened. ... In the end, though, the comparison in which she suffers worst in terms of her public persona is with her husband, the Original First Black President.

2. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

I believe that her vote on the war is going to seriously hurt her in the primaries. First she was one of the war's biggest advocates, now she's the biggest cheerleader for the Get Us Out of Iraq Now crowd? Nah, can't have it both ways. It smells of a flip-flop, big time. If I were Barack, I'd beat her over the head with that over and over and over again. Loved that commercial that Obama's campaign did that reminded me of that great Apple commercial from the Super Bowl. I think the experience factor will seriously hurt Obama, but I'm thinking that folks are looking for a fresh face and Obama is that. Hillary, in the minds of many, has been inside the Beltway far too long.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I'm not sure Hillary was "one of the biggest advocates of the war" but like 99.9% of the thinking world she turned against it once she found out Fredo's little adventure in Iraq was a sham, based on lies.

It's not a "fllip-flop", one of the silliest talking points the bankrupt right has to throw up. It's called a reality check.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

man, the 'bama trailer park must be on it's feet right about now ... that and all the ignorant, right-winged retired folk from sebring. you bring a vast knowledge to this board red. ever been farther north than georgia?

and, btw, words are no different than actions because words cause action, dipshit. surely you must be a fanboy visiting this site for fun because a real journalist would know that to be fact.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Bama's gonna bring on "politically incorrect" before you know it.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

'bama's gonna do a lotta things ... one day.

7. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

You know, I really liked posting on SportsJournalists.com, because I knew lots of guys on there, it was kinda fun and I enjoyed laughing at the idiots.

(Yeah, Yawn, that means you. But you haven't posted on this thread, so maybe you done been banned. If so, there is a God.)

I used to let my blood pressure go up, with hatemongers like Rush Limbaugh, Michael Fucking Savage and the others.

I won't be happy until Fredo and Cheney and Rove are all in Leavenworth for war crimes. Nancy Pelosi is MY president, to play off the old Charleton Chariot Racin' Fuckin' Heston from back in the day, when we had eight years of peace, prosperity and the ability to refrain from invading a Third World Nation.

Truth of it is, and Johnny Dangerously knows about this all too well, is that my own life has improved in leaps and bounds. I don't have much time for SJ these days. I'm a happier man, not necessarily because I don't have to read the inane drivel of some people who post here -- I dunno, Hondo, you wanna take a bow or what -- but because in the final analysis, it's just a bunch of journalists (for the most part) arguing over stuff, like at a bar, a press box, whatever.

I ain't bailin' on SJ by any means. I still like to check in from time to time. But I don't worry 'bout what the idiots -- from a village or otherwise -- gotta say anymore. About Obama, Senator Kerry, even Hillary (who I definitely do not want in the White House.

I be keepin' it real, fellas, and you too, ladies. I'll be back. Mr. Dangerously, we'll miss ya in Hoover, but will hoist a coupla cold ones in your honor.

Fight the power, y'all.

Peace out.

8. Yes, because nuanced discussions of race are part of what makes Rush's show the entertainment colossus that it is. Most of his listeners are intimately familiar with the works of David Ehrenstein -- he's gay, BTW. -- and with the academic semiotics of blackness in 21st century America.
    Yes, and I am the Tsar of all the Russias.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Obama aside, I am surprised that he doesn't get more heat for referring to John Edwards almost exclusively as "the Breck girl."

No. 1 -- how long has it been since Breck shampoo has done national "Breck girl" ads? 20 years? Dating yourself.

No. 2 -- calling somone a girl is a classic, cliche bully move.

So, in effect, Rush is just painting himself as a doddering, old bully.

Oh, and I refuse to be one of Fenian's minions because that, in itself, suggests a hierarchy and that some are better than others.

Can't we all just be ilks?

10. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Obama considered not "black" enough is another media generated myth pushed by the right wing spin machine.

Rush and others have been pushing that angle since late last year in an attempt to make it Barack's political hot potatoe.

I'm still curious to know who these large pool of black folks are that think Barack isn't black enough.

11. Ilks only get caps.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Can we upgrade later if the minion chicks are more fun at parties?

Draft saved Draft deleted