1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rush Is Losing What's Left Of His Mind

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Oct 16, 2007.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Limbaugh's techniques of persuasion are fairly common among those who have a problem of domestic battery. Scare the crap out of the person you are trying to attack and make them afraid to leave by showing them how you treat those you perceive as being disloyal.

I think the right has a serious problem right now. Their hardcore is becoming increasingly hardcore while everyone else is quickly exiting the tent.

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Right on. It's no surprise that many Republicans are abandoning the President.

They need to separate themselves from the out and out nuts to become anything close to resembling a mature political party again.

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

The latest update on this atrocious piece of business.

http://nymag.com/daily/movies/2007/10/wanks_for_the_memories_we_migh.html

4. Jersey_Guy

Jersey_Guy Active Member

That's great follow-up by Edelstein, whose work I always enjoy.

5. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Update to the update:

"The David Edelstein column, as it relates to me, is total bullshit, unfounded and irresponsible. Rush Limbaugh never called me, ever, and never uttered a hostile word in my direction. He certainly never defamed me, which leaves him one up on Edelstein.

http://www.salon.com/opinion/walsh/?last_story=/opinion/walsh/media/2007/10/18/corliss_edelstein/

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

This from someone whose handle is "I love puppies" LOL

7. zagoshe

But the most ridiculous part of this thread -- other than the originator of it calling anyone irrational or delusional (pot meet kettle) -- is that Rush has a point - why do reporters act as if they are above the kinds of inquisitions -- fair or unfair -- that have made this business the cesspool it has become?

8. Because he is delusional.
    He's a drug-addled sex tourist with a microphone and no morals, and without the scruples god gave the common fungus. What he's suggesting is stalking. The only thing that gives me hope is that he's proven, time and again, to be too gutless to do this kind of thing himself.

9. zagoshe

Stalking?

You mean looking into and tearing apart the lives of your opponents or those who don't agree with you or pose a threat to you in order to try and intimidate them and/or discredit them in the hopes of turning attention away your own?

Isn't that straight from the playbook made famous by the Clinton campaign and now being repeated by the Rodham-Clinton campaign?

10. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

What's your point?

11. zagoshe

Simple -- that if this same statement - that she was going to start following journalists around, find out where their kids go to school, unearth the dirty laundry in their lives -- was made by someone like Hillary Rodham Clinton, Fenian and all of his leftie disciples in here would be starting a thread celebrating her for "taking a stand" against the meanies who are picking on her.

12. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

So you don't like Hillary?

Draft saved Draft deleted