1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running World Series of Poker Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Joel_Goodsen, May 31, 2007.

1. hell, if I flopped quads and wound up winning 7+ million, I'd thank anyone I could. I don;t see how he's labled a freak because he thanked Jesus once. Certainly not worth stopping a recording over. But, to each their own I guess.

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

He should be thanking a higher power for catching runner, runner straight cards to beat Lam's flopped Queens.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Figured I'd throw this on here, since its as good a place as any.

Mr. Phil Hellmuth Jr. will be a member of the new "Surreal Life" house. He will be joined by Mr. Randy "Oooooh Yeeeeaahhh" Savage.

That is all.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Bracelets. I seem to recall when getting a WSOP bracelet was a big thing, but now they give them out to the winners of the dozens of different WSOP tournaments each year. (hold 'em, baseball, etc.) Is it true they also give one out to the WSOP rock, paper, scissor champ?

5. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Can't wait for Phil to mouth off to Randy lol

6. Probably addressed already somewhere, but here goes:
    Why hasn't ESPN figured out how to do some kind of same-day or next-day coverage of at least the final tables? I understand these tables go on for hours and it's a huge editing, production task, but if it's as profitable as it seems to be for ESPN, wouldn't it be worth the effort? Not sure it's a sport, but it can be compelling television...

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

There is a bracelet for the RPS tournament, but it's not a WSOP bracelet.

And they've always given out bracelets to the event winners, at least as long as I can remember, not just the Main Event winner.

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

52 events if I am not mistaken -- that's a lot of bracelets. They still mean something, but like the homer they are cheapened some.....

9. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Jerry Yang is the biggest tool since Jamie Gold to win the WSOP.

10. You gonna dig up every old thread?

Draft saved Draft deleted