1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running WNIT thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CentralIllinoisan, Mar 29, 2009.

1. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Just kidding.

But congrats to the alma mater, Illinois State: Final Four of the little girls' tournament!

2. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Oh, sure. NOW you start this.

Kidding. Good luck if y'all run into South Florida, who ran past my Bonnies 80-66 this afternoon. Two 6-3 players in the post, including Jessica Lawson, who put up a double-double (14 pts/14 reb). And down the stretch, guard Shantia Grace showed why she's on the Big East All-Conference team. Nice, deep squad.

Still cool to see 4,133 -- a new Big 4 (SBU/Canisius/Niagara/UB) women's record -- rock the Reilly Center for a team that's been all but ignored until recently, though.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You are a sick, sick bastard, CI. I'm not even paying attention to the WNIT.

4. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

I did when women from our area were in the tourney. When they went out, so did we.

5. CentralIllinoisan

We were swimming in space on Saturday night, so I volunteered to fashion a small quarterfinal preview with information from ISU's Web site; I got quotes from archived radio interviews done after the previous game, giving attribution, of course.

Yes, I am sick.

6. joe king

joe king Active Member

Inarguable among the sane.

7. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

It just doesn't seem right that there isn't a WCBI or a WCIT.

On second thought ...

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

HHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONKK!

9. Scouter

Scouter Member

Says the man who has been in attendance at the Collegeinsider.com tournament.

10. CentralIllinoisan

Fully engorged on CIT goodness, he was.

11. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Hey, I saw a 75-foot bank shot win a game at the buzzer. I will make no apologies for attending said games. However, I'm not proud to be in the CIT, but it is what it is: a mediocre tournament made of mediocre mid-major teams. How many redundancies are in that statement?

Still am. One more to go before we hoist Lord CIT's Cup ... oh how I hope it's a 6-inch trophy with a dude on top with a basketball in his hand. You know, like the ones they give kids at those hoop camps.

12. CentralIllinoisan

This? :D

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted