1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Wimbledon thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Jun 22, 2008.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

A Nadal-Roddick semi seems likely.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

That would be a very interesting match. Roddick's game is really suited grass and he's played well this season, but Nadal has changed his game enough to become one of the best grass courters on Tour.

3. JakeandElwood

It sure would. Both players have looked good in the limited time I've seen them.

Oh, and Sharapova was the oddsmakers' favorite in London, right?

4. JakeandElwood

Although Roddick again is having trouble breaking while dominating on his serve.

5. JakeandElwood

And Roddick drops the first break point of the match and eventually loses the second set. He can't afford to force himself to play perfectly on his serve to give himself a chance to win.

6. sportschick

Tipsarevic has a history of giving top players a hard time. If he was a little bit bigger, he might be among them.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

May have been the case, because a lot of people in England love a sucker bet.

8. sportschick

I picked her (see this thread's first post). I also said I hoped I was wrong :D

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Tipsarevic with a break. Roddick has yet to break him this match.

10. John

John Well-Known Member

It just baffles me that Roddick is not a more aggressive player, beyond his serve.

And I usually enjoy watching Tipsarevic play. He's got a fun game to watch.

11. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

I believe Sharapova is done as far as winning on the big stage is concerned. She's making too much doing commercials and mag covers. I see her retiring in a couple of years to do (bad) movies.

She just doesn't have it anymore and I've thought that for a while now. What desire can she have to work her tail off practicing and exercising when she can do a camera commercial for much more money in half a day by just looking pretty?

12. sportschick

Oh yea she's lost it. Hasn't won a major in, what, five months ::) ::) ::) ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted