1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Week 17 NFL thread: Patriots chase 16-0

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

It's almost time. And as much as I would love to see the Patriots lose tomorrow, it's just not going to happen. Not with the Patriots wanting 16-0 so much, not with Brady and Moss wanting two touchdowns apiece to set NFL records, not with the Giants so banged up that it only makes sense to rest starters and get healthy for the Bucs, a winnable game, next week when the playoffs begin.

Yeah, the Giants probably won't make the Super Bowl, so they ought pull out all the stops and try to prevent the Pats from making history. But they won't, so until then, I'll look forward to Vinatieri's game-winning field goal in the snow in the AFC championship gamein Foxboro.

2. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Titans/Colts and Redskins/Cowboys should be interesting as you have teams trying to claw their way into the last wild card spot in their conferences playing teams that really aren't affected at all should they lose. As much as I hate the Colts I hope they beat the Titans 'cause I'm a Browns fanboy! My shoes prove it!

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

You had me until Titans/.

Neither the Colts nor the Cowboys will play a full-on starting lineup. As soon as Romo completes his seventh pass Sunday to break the franchise completion record, he is outta there.

If the Cowboys' scrubs hang in there, only to see Todd Collins throw the game-winning pass on the final play ... the entire board will be sent to its room.

"NOOOOO! NOOOOO! The Redskins have knocked the Vikings out of the playoffs!"

4. You're awfully mean this early in the day, Bat.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

That's so I can enjoy the morning and half the afternoon till the Queen of the Northwoods banishes me to Chez Chambre a Coucher.

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Pats will chase 16-0 without the right side of their starting offensive line

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3171718

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Giants either win by two or lose by 30. there's no middle ground.

On one hand, I could see them summoning up a gem. On the other, they're the soft-as-charmin Giants.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Eli Manning throws for 300 yards and six touchdowns?

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The question is if the Giants do "summon up a gem," does Coach Hoodie keep his starters in the whole way to win it. I especially wonder about keeping Brady in with two starters out on the offensive line.

If the game is close at the end and the Patriots' starters are in there, New England will find a way to win....or the Giants will find a way to blow it. Or some combination of the two.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's about as likely as you getting laid tonight, Dolores. :D :D

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Wow. By that logic, Eli's got no fucking shot. Because unless there's a woman waiting for me back at my apartment when I get home from work, that's a fucking pipe dream.

Touche, sir. Touche.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Or maybe Topanga is there, drunk and naked.

Draft saved Draft deleted