1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running (walking? crawling?) NFL Week 10 thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

If this were even an argument - and it isn't - Adrian Peterson can't begin to touch Tom Brady's game-to-game consistency.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well, part of that isn't his fault...wasn't he in a time-share with Chester Taylor until a couple weeks ago?

But he could rush for 2,600 yards and still not be more valuable than Brady. Or even Randy Moss.

3. Sam Mills 51

I concur that the timeshare wasn't Peterson's fault. But still ... it's not even close and we both know it.

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Brady's MVP no doubt right now. Peterson is hella good, but Brady means more to that team IMO.

That being said. Go Cowboys! Whip those Giants' asses!

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

What would Minnesota's record be with AP's backup?

What would NE's record be with Cassel?

6. Simon_Cowbell

He still doesn't make me shake my head in disbelief like Marino did, but it's damned close for me.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Did you watch how bad they looked when Cassel came in against the Dolphins?

8. Simon_Cowbell

Exactly.

I'm seeing Peterson turn on the jets, and certainly make some big-time moves, but he has the holes to run through, too.

9. Simon_Cowbell

I have a feeling that Derek Anderson gets banged up against the Steelers today.

Nothing more than a feeling.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I finally saw some of the highlights of AP's record game against the Bolts, and man, he made some beautiful cuts before exploding forward again. Pretty runner.

As for tonight:

Also, Anthony Gonzalez is probably out, as is Dallas Clark. Looks like Indy might rely on the run tonight, or short hitches to Addai.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Keyshawn Johnson's a fucking idiot. He's predicting the Panthers to run the ball anywhere between 50 and 60 times today because they've got a quarterback problem. "I've been there before," he said.

12. Sam Mills 51

Like him or not, Meshawn could be right about this one.

Last year, playing Atlanta down in the Georgia Dome, John Fox had DeShaun Foster and DeAngelo Williams run the ball better than 50 times because Jake Delhomme couldn't go and his then-backup, Chris Weinke, couldn't be trusted after throwing 37 interceptions against the Giants the week before.

This time around, Jake's out, David Carr can't go because of a concussion, third-stringer Brett Basanez was lost during the preseason and Vinny Testaverde has an Achilles problem. That leaves Matt Moore and another guy signed from the practice squad. I'm not sure anyone left who can throw the ball can find Ritalin Child with it, not that the Falcons wouldn't consider double-teaming him anyway.

Think Meshawn was an idiot for predicting that the Panthers would run, run run? No. It may not happen, but Fox has done this before and he could easily do it again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.