1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. PSP does have more versatility, but I'll take the DS Lite over the PSP any day of the week. DS just has better games, some of which use the touch screen very well.

2. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Anyone ever attempt to clean a PS2?

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

4. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Precisely what I'm afraid of. Damn PS2 has started freezing (esp. on Guitar Hero 2) and we can't find anyplace that will work on it. Hate to buy a new one when all it needs is a good cleaning.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Anyone out there still using an XBox? I have been behind the times and only playing a N64 for the last three years, but recently a buddy sold me his XBox and 15 games. It should be here soon. My question is, is it hard to find XBox games in stores?

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

They are still out there for sure. Most of the franchise games (Madden, NHL, NBA, Lego Star Wars 2, etc.) all came out with current games this fall.

And there are the Platinum Hits that you can get for $19.99.

It may be nearing the end of the road though for new games to come out. But every store I've seen carries them.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Cool thanks. I assume games for 360 don't work on XBox.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Correct.

There is someward backward compatibility with Xbox games playing on the 360, but not every one will do that yet.

Last time I was in Best Buy, they still had 12 feet of the Xbox aisle devoted to Xbox games. 360 had about 24 feet. Also, in the Best Buy I was at, they had some Xbox (PS2 as well) games marked down to $14.99, $9.99, even $4.99 a few aisles over in the computer software section.

9. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

oh man, just got done with some crazy Super Bases Loaded III for SNES. Seriously, best baseball game ever.

10. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Take it to a gamespot/eb games. I'm sure they'll tell you what to do.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Since my XBox was stolen by UPS, Mrs. Angola! has agreed to allow me to purchase a 360 with the insurance money.
    Should I buy a bundle or would it be better just to buy the system and then purchase a game or two?

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

My little sister got Guitar Hero 2 for Christmas and I played it for about 3 hours last night. Man, do my wrists hurt, but that game is awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted