1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Trapped in the Office Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dragonzo, Jun 8, 2008.

1. dragonzo

dragonzo Guest

Just as I feared, I'm stuck spending the night in the office because of floodwaters. (See the Indiana Flooding thread over on Sports and News). Not that anybody cares ... and I may not last too long.
    Right now, listening to the latest floodwater rescue attempt on the scanner. At least everything seems to be moving south.

2. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Good luck man... Get out as soon as you can and alive.

3. dragonzo

dragonzo Guest

Thanks. Waiting for daylight so I can see what I'm driving into. :)
    "Best" part of this is we went way past deadline to get a paper out that's not going to be delivered anyway. But there's always the online version...

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

you should write a column about the experience.

5. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Nice job getting the product done though, with everything crazy around you. Good luck, like I said.

6. dragonzo

dragonzo Guest

Maybe. I've never been comfortable with my column writing, but it might be worth it.

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

What's the over-under on how much change can be collected from within the office for the vending machine?

8. dragonzo

dragonzo Guest

Our editor's already laid out the quarters.
    Getting crazy; one of the high schools they had evacuated people too, they're now working to move them out of there.

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Had to do this once too. It's something you'll never forget.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Don't suppose ya'll are running around like Charlie Steiner in that ESPN commercial?

11. dragonzo

dragonzo Guest

Managed to get home about 6:30 this morning. Found out a bit ago that my parents, who live in the town south of here, had to evacuate. They're at my brother's house. He's a cop there, so he's out and about doing what he can.
    Any thoughts and prayers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

12. lono

lono Active Member

Good luck to you and your family, Dragonzo. We'll be thinking about you.

Draft saved Draft deleted