1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Tony Awards Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Well, not quite running. We got home late and are watching it delayed via DVR, so we're about 50 minutes behind. But I wanted to start this anyway for the 2-3 of us who enjoy theater.

Finally got tix to last year's Tony Award winner, which we'll see next month.
    And I anticipated this year, got great tix to the musical I suspect is going to win. After tonight, they'll be difficult to get.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

If nothing else, I've enjoyed looking at the AP red carpet photos. Vanessa Williams is still stunning.

3. Moderator1

From what we've seen on delay, Spring Awakening is four for four. I may have to sell my tickets at a huge profit.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

Billy Crudup was my brother Joe's big brother at the DKE house at Carolina. He also dated Joe's future wife for several months before my brother stole her away. Yes, Joe is still quite proud of that.

5. Moderator1

But Billy now has a Tony.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

That was what made me think of it -- saw a photo with him accepting -- but I didn't want to give it away.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I watched Tony Soprano tonight, but not the Tonys.

8. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Angela Lansbury is possibly the most bangable 300-year-old broad I've seen in some time.

9. Moderator1

I'm inclined to agree.

Spring Awakening. Glad I got those tickets when I did.

10. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I'd be interested in hearing what you think.....I just couldn't get into "Rent," which I guess is the predecessor to "Spring Awakening," in terms of music.

11. Moderator1

Saw Rent in '03 and enjoyed it. Wasn't wowed by it.
    I wil let you know what I think of Spring Awakening. Seeing the 06 and 07 Tony Award winners on back-to-back nights.

12. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

That's a Post of the Year candidate.

Draft saved Draft deleted