1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running this irritates me thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I got another one:

When you're waiting in line at the gas pump, and the other person pumps his gas, goes into the convenience store, and comes back 10 minutes later loaded with groceries. I'm not talking about just picking up a candy bar while waiting to pay for the gas. I'm talking four bags full of stuff.

You see me waiting behind you, asshole. That doesn't mean it's time to do your grocery shopping for the week. Pay for your gas, come out, and move your car up to the parking area if you really need to do your shopping.

2. I went out for the track team in high school, mainly so I would have an excuse to: A.) stay after school for a couple of hours and not go home and work on the farm, and B.) hang around a lot of high school girls wearing shorts.

The track coach, for some reason, insisted I run long distances, even though this seriously irritated me.

3. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

- When you drive behind someone and you can not see the driver's head. Then you pass them and 99.9 percent of the time it is a senior citizen going 10 below the speed limit
    - ESPN says Sportcenter is live, but it's only live for the first hour of each group of co-hosts. Then it's the same thing fot three hours until a new duo comes on and spits out the same minutia
    - When you let someone signal into your lane at a red light, and they don't wave a 'thank you" ... give me a wave, dammit
    - When the punk kid at Subway puts way too much damn sauce on your sub when you are paying at the register, and you go home and open it and it tastes like a sponge
    - When my significant other orders the exact same meal as me at a restaurant, especially when she knows I hate that

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

First the nose rings, now this. Damn Subway kids. Get off my lawn.

5. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Yeah, nose/eye brow/lip rings or anywhere else in your face rings on someone serving me at a restaurant. I came there to eat, not lose my appetite.

I don't care what your hair looks like. I don't care how many tats you've got. I don't care what else you have pierced. Don't come to my table looking like the victim of a fishing accident.

6. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

I mean all respect, ladies, but if your system of carrying things makes finding vital items like a driver's license or a credit card impossible, you're doing it wrong.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I hate people who honk at me while I'm sitting at a green light finishing a text message.

8. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

Another irritating moment sprang upon me today.

Took both of my little blacktitleists to see Rango today (take that how you wish), and the theater is empty when we get there, 10 minutes before the movie starts.

Just as the lights go out, a mother has her four kids with her, most of them are older than my little tykes, who are 6 and 3.

Now, there are probably 300 or so empty seats this lady can lead her children. Where the hell do you think she plops her brood down?

RIGHT BEHIND US. DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THE COURTESY TO MAYBE MOVE THEIR ASSES TO THE CENTER OF THEIR ROW, OR TO THE OTHER END. THEY HAD TO SIT AND OPEN THEIR FREAKING CANDY WRAPPERS AND SUCK THEIR DRINKS DRY RIGHT BEHIND US.

Totally irritating.

Just want a little space, that's all.

9. LevinTBlack

LevinTBlack Member

Nice.

As for the ones coming to my mind after reading this ...

1. My "I hate sports" publisher
    2. People who can't drive a consistent speed on the highway and are thus passing you, then getting passed, then passing you again
    3. People who drive 1 mph faster than the car they are passing on the highway while I sit and wait for them to get the hell out of the way. It's time to ride some ass and flash my brights in the that situation. I normally give it a 10 count and then start being a jerk to get them to speed up.
    4. My "I'm on salary so I want to rush everything so I can get home to my family sooner" sports editor

10. LevinTBlack

LevinTBlack Member

This brings to mind the people who 1) talk about something other than the movie at the theater 2) are in front of me and constantly texting making their phone light up and bug the crap out of me because the light is distracting 3) actually answer the phone during the movie 4) are constantly either bouncing in their chair making it hit my feet or putting their feet on my chair so that it can't move at all

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

People at the self-checkout who don't know how to use the self-checkout. If you have to read every little instruction then make your decision on what button to push, or if you have to give yourself lasik surgery trying to figure out where to place the bar code on your 2-liter soft drink, GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY!!!! Get thee to a cashier! Leave the self check-out to competent people!

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Well, I really fouled up not putting this in the initial post: the people who drive in the left lane on the highway at a not so fast speed and force you to pass them on the right. Happens all the time down here in Atlanta; not so much in my experience in the midwest. No attempt or thought to get over at all. Just basically saying I'll go the speed I want and you can just deal with it. Rude fuckers.

A couple other driving irritants:

People who speed up when you pass them on the highway. Actually this probably cracks me up more now than irritates me I've seen it so much. It's like getting passed is an assault to your manhood that results in your pecker shrinking, so if someone comes up to go by, I all of the sudden hit the accelerator and speed up another 5-10 mph. Of course, when you finally do clear them, they always slow back down to their previous speed and quickly get smaller in your rearview.

People who ride in the highway in your blind spot. Stoopid and incredibly, incredibly dangerous. Either go past or fall back--just don't sit there. Unless you're looking to spend time in a mortuary or hospital.

Draft saved Draft deleted