1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running the fantasy baseball pennant race is torturing me thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Sep 22, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Maybe it is eight seconds at a time, over and over again.

That's the tough thing about playoff time. Those shaky closers who are useful over the course of the season, like a Borowski or a Chad Cordero can really torch your chances with a couple of implosions. Cordero seems determined to cost me third place in my money league.

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Fucking fuck Ryan fucking Howard!

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

This is what stinks about September fantasy baseball: I have Jeter and Posada and both are sitting because the Yankees already have clinched.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

John Smoltz is killing me tonight.

5. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Me, too, Zeke. And I'm very happy with the result.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

So here it is, the last (scheduled) day of the season.

Looks like I need a miracle in my big money league. Pray...for...steals. And a shitty performance by Matt Garza. And two saves...ahh hell.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh yeah it's easy for you to root against me because you're up big in your league.

May Garza reek of fail so badly it overwhelms you wherever you are!!!

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well fuck. Guess I'm toast.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

[​IMG]

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I've been winning the nine-person Certain Idiots Allowed rotisserie league for a few months now. The second-place team made a good run. I think only thre of us have actually checked the league in the last week . . . . . and the computer drafted my team.

In my work league (also rotisserie), I jockeyed for first for a while, then two weeks ago, got slotted into second. But dude in first has 15 years of MLB beat experience, so this soccer dork who drafted his own team is just fine with finishing second.

I also find that baseball is conducive to finding one's own strategy, not based on what the "experts" say. Hell, these are the guys who say "A-Rod will still be good!" and "draft a running back in the first round!!" and "Tim Duncan fills the sat sheet!!" Not sure what they say that isn't known by most sports fans anyway.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm in 5th place and need to gain 3 points to finish in 3rd place, but none of my pitchers are starting today, so I need to gain at least 10 RBI on the next guy and the team needs to hit beyond extreme today; team batting average is .280, would need to get up to .282 or so.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Indeed, indeed, Zeke, my boy.

I never will forget this team,
    I wonder if it was a dream,
    I remember how it made me crazy,
    I remember how it made me scream,
    Now I don't understand what happened to 1st place,
    now boys I'm going to get you back,
    going to win the '08 roto race,
    cuz ...

Draft saved Draft deleted