1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running the fantasy baseball pennant race is torturing me thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Sep 22, 2007.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

But I think that the beauty of head-to-head is that even if you're out of contention, you still have that battle with the other team every week. In a roto format, if you're out of it there isn't even that motivation.

You make a good point, but the nature of September baseball makes for a bad playoff mix in my opinion.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. I just keep finding my way into these head-to-head leagues for various reasons.

One thing that helps is my other two leagues, the playoffs ended yesterday, so at least this final week is taken out of the mix.

3. boots

boots New Member

I've been trying to get a clarification on this scenerio. Let's say the Mets, Phils, and Padres all finish with identical records. Would the Phils and Mets play a one-game playoff to determine the division championship and the loser play the Padres in a one-game playoff to determine the wild card?

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Commiserating? At 8-2.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

MOTHERFUCKER.

I need to make up four wins in the final week in my AL-only league. But Nate Robertson goes seven strong, gives up one run and leaves down 1-0. Gil Meche is throwing 90,210 pitches for KC, is down 3-2 after a HR to Nick Markakis in the 8th and will almost surely be shut down for the season after tonight, just to screw me.

Would someone tell me why I play this fucking thing?

6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

ANd I thought Pelfrey had a good start in him tonight.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

8)

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Meche hosed me out of a win in my game this week, which is very important. I am playing for the 9th pick in next year's draft.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

MOTHERFUCKER.

Joe fucking Borowski. He's costing me the pennant before he turns his suckdar on to you, Indians fans.

MOTHERFUCKER.

10. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

suckdar ... had me LOL

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Joe Borowski continues to fuck me.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

For more than eight seconds, it appears.

Draft saved Draft deleted