1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running SJ.com NCAA Football 10 online dynasty thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mystery Meat II, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I double checked. The ratings go Overall --> Offense --> Defense --> Special Teams

And actually, it looks like some of the grades may be wrong, because they're showing up differently in the Play Now screen than they did in the Dynasty screen (not sure why).

So everyone hold tight. Or don't.

2. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Well then I will shoot for 7 more, and anything additional will be an added bonus.

The league thus far:
    1. Mustangj17
    2. Big Circus

4. Mystery Meat II

There's a number of changes from that list, based on what I'm seeing right now on the Play Now screen. I think I have the list updated properly, though I might have a C-team listed as a D+ or something. But the B-, C+ and C teams should be right.

5. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

Thanks for starting this, Meat. I just got PastaPadre's rosters, but Storm mentioned on the other thread that they're not that accurate as far as attributes go. I was looking over Arizona's roster, and the names are off, too...

Oh well. I'm sure by the time we start this thing, the rosters will be perfected.

Here's our (unofficial) list, so far:
    Meat: (B-) Kansas/BYU. (C+) East Carolina/Louisville or possibly Michigan State or Minnesota. (Team Builder) Minnesota State.
    Madhavok: (B-) Auburn. (C+) UCLA/Iowa
    AZ: CU
    Hustle: (B-) Boston College.
    Hank: South Carolina?
    Storm: UConn?
    Jake: Missouri?
    Fresno: ?
    GT: ?

6. Mystery Meat II

And West Virginia is a B+, so if this holds, both of Hustle's teams are done.

7. RecentAZgrad

Right. Just saw his BC post. Updated as such.

8. Mystery Meat II

And now I see where the confusion is coming from.

There's an updated roster from EA that you can get from the locker by searching for EASCNCAA10. It appears the changes I made were from the new roster to the old.

Pastapadre's roster is an update of the EASCNCAA10 roster, except it's just names.

Based on THAT, the teams I said went from a B to a B- are actually B. So I'm not sure what to make of all this.

9. RecentAZgrad

Interesting. Well, the EASCNCAA10 roster is the official roster of the game, so I say we make team choices based on that. Is that fair?

Edit: If that were the case, it seems Auburn, Boise State, Houston, Northwestern, Texas Christian, Utah, Virginia, and Wake Forest would be out as choices.

10. Mystery Meat II

Seems that way, AZ. I think padre's roster IS the official roster, just with names. So those teams are out.

And I'd say we should use B- as the cutoff because the surviving B- teams kinda suck anyway.

11. RecentAZgrad

12. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

If MM picks kU, I kind of have to pick Mizzou.

Draft saved Draft deleted