1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running SJ.com NCAA '11 online dynasty thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RecentAZgrad, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Excellent job, Hank. I will hit advance tonight or tomorrow morning.

2. JoJo

JoJo Member

#1 Purdue 27, #4 Ohio State 24

Ohio State began the game with a 103-yard kickoff return for a touchdown, and the game was on from there.

Fast-forwarding to the fourth quarter...Purdue used a 65-yard touchdown run to take a 24-17 lead with 3:42 remaining in the game. Then, Ohio State drove downfield and tied it at 24-24 with 1:26 remaining.

Purdue, with all three timeouts still intact, marched downfield in search of a field goal. Marve connected with an open tight end with a 25-yard pass with 20 seconds left that would leave the kicker facing about a 56-yard field goal. BUT the refs said the tight end fumbled and Ohio State recovered. However, that call was overturned, so I regained possession. Purdue then picked up about 12 more yards on a run up the middle to make it an easy 43-yard field goal for the win as time expired.

Despite holding the lead, I still almost went into overtime though. I tried to milk the clock until about 3 seconds left before I would call the timeout, so I could make the kick as the buzzer sounded. For some reason, my Select button didn't want to call the timeout. Luckily, I pressed Start with 1 second left to get the timeout called just in time.

And for the second week in a row....Whew.

3. Madhavok

No. 16 Syracuse 40, Louisville 10

Could have been a lot more, but I decided to try and get my running back some respectable numbers for the season. Being in the Big East is killing my BCS ranking as well as my normal ranking. High teens in the AP, but low teens by coaches.

Nassib 18-27-372 5 TD
    Bailey 16-109-1
    Kobena 11-257-3

RTA

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Maryland 31, No. 23 Nevada 27

One of those bullshit games, where no matter what I did, the CPU could do no wrong. Think Maryland only threw five incomplete passes.

Nevada threw for more than 300 yards, and held Maryland to 239, but I had six turnovers (four interceptions). I think three of my picks were on tips at the line and the ball landed in the defense's arms.

I was still able to take the lead 27-24 with about two minutes left. Maryland's first play went for about 50 yards, with the WR catching it despite defenders in front and back. Next play, run for about 10 yards. Next play TD over the middle.

So I still had about a minute, had a wide open guy and d-lineman tipped my pass at the line (not even a heavy rush either).

Oh well, I'll be RTA tomorrow.

5. Hank_Scorpio

FYI

I'll be out of town from Thursday until sometime Saturday.

Don't think it will affect anything, since there was still 4-5 games left this week.

I'm RTA for this week.

6. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

I'm RTA. Looks like we only have a few left this week.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Looks like just Baylor and Az's bro.

8. Madhavok

Bump - Same two teams. Will hit advance when I get back from riding and hitting the range.

9. Hank_Scorpio

Does Jake know we've advanced? Didn't he have Internet problems last week?

It's not like him to take a long time to play. Extenuating circumstances?

10. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I'm playing now. And yeah, some extenuating circumstances.

11. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I beat OU and am RTA. Sorry for the delay.

12. Madhavok

All good, Jake.

Draft saved Draft deleted