1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running SJ.com NCAA '11 online dynasty thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RecentAZgrad, Jul 13, 2010.

1. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

If we can figure out what teams were missing, I'll grab their ratings off the game.

Also, my ECU bro wants Houston.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I think it's just the A schools. Only Army and Auburn are listed on the pastapadre site.

3. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Fuck

4. Hank_Scorpio

In related news, YES! (provided I stick with Baylor)

5. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

In related news, my Boise bro will take CU. :)

6. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Hm, I'm still interested in UCLA. Are we starting this up pretty quickly then?

7. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Fuck, I was gonna grab CU, but that's fine.

I was in Target, holding the game and I put it down. I think because I couldn't decide what to snag for my second game. None of the other titles interested me much.

I'd go with Buffalo or Syracuse if I knew we'd get in at least five or so seasons and progress at every four or so days. If not, it's pretty much worthless to get my ass kicked for the first two years if we only do three..

8. JakeandElwood

I think if we're getting this going in July we can commit to doing it longer. The other ones have both started a little after New Year's.

9. Hank_Scorpio

Jake, not necessarily. Az started the thread, so things got rolling pretty quickly. There's more than a few that haven't bought it yet.

I haven't, Fresno09 hasn't, a few others as well.

Mad, I think we could get 4-5 seasons in. We did with '09. We got bogged down in '10 with hardware problems a couple times, which really slowed us down.

Also, check out the Kmart ad too. You get $20 off your next EA sports title if you buy NCAA there. (not sure if it's an EA coupon or Kmart coupon).

10. JakeandElwood

I would love to do five seasons with this one. It doesn't have to get started right away, either, I don't care.

11. Hank_Scorpio

It wasn't that long was it? I thought we started both a couple months after release.

12. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

What's Rutgers' grade?

Pasta Padre likes them, so I'll go with them. Plus, when I'm getting my ass kicked, it won't sting so bad to see them on the losing end. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted