1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running SJ.com NCAA '11 online dynasty thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RecentAZgrad, Jul 13, 2010.

1. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

Game's out today. Might as well get this up, too.

This should get us started. Put me down for Colorado if we're going to stick with B-.

So who's officially in/out?

Both my bros are in again.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Threadjacking here.... still trying to launch this PS3 league. Please PM me if interested.

SirSid is in, and I know we had two people that wanted in last year. I also have two friends who are interested.

3. Simon

Simon Active Member

I'd like to get in and take UCLA if possible. I can settle for NC State or Northwestern as well.

4. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I am 95 percent sure I'll get this and 75 percent sure I'll get this today. I won't make a decision on what team I want until I actually play with it, but N.C. State, Virginia, Kentucky, Wake Forest and Louisville are my top five. Watch The Resolution Thursday at 9 p.m. on Hoot'n Holler Public Access Channel 99, when I tell Jim Bob Gray what team I'll take my talents to.

(made to choose today, I think N.C. State would be the one I take)

5. RecentAZgrad

Damn, I knew I should've went for the premium sports channel package!

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Thanks for starting this, Az.

Chime in with a firm commitment and you're in. Don't need a firm commitment on teams, but you can stake a possible claim to two or three that you test drive.

FIRM COMMITMENTS
    Az: Arizona
    Az bro 1: Colorado
    Az bro 2: Houston
    Simon: Maryland
    Meat: N.C. State, Virginia, Kentucky, Wake Forest and Louisville
    Hank: Nevada, CMU
    Fresno (not on SJ, but team he used in 09:Washington State, Fresno State and San Diego State
    Jake: Baylor
    Hustle: UCLA
    Storm:
    Madhavok: Syracuse, Buffalo

OTHER POSSIBLE PLAYERS
    Wallace:

wheateater:

I'll edit this as more firm commitments come in.

Simon, We usually go with whoever mentioned the team first. Hustle mentioned UCLA on the NCAA '10 thread, as did Meat with NC State. Which is why I put you down with Northwestern temporarily.

Team listed first by your name is the team you're leaning too heaviest.

Returning members obviously have first priority in terms of grabbing a spot in the league, but not necessarily on teams.

We also obviously have the final season of '10 to finish up, but we can run two seasons at once. When do we want to start '11 up?

I'm thinking at least a week or so to give people a chance to get the game and test drive teams.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Come to think of it, we'll definitely have to wait until someone gets named rosters out. Pastapadre is usually a good one.

8. Simon

Simon Active Member

I think I saw on OperationSports that names only rosters will be out in the next 24 hours or so.

How much do recruiting pipelines matter? I'm flip-flopping on what team I want to take up.

9. Hank_Scorpio

Simon, there's a lot of people that do named rosters. Pastapadre does a real good one. RomanCaesar also does a good one, although he'll edit ratings, based on performance.

I imagine recruiting pipelines matter some, especially if you're already established in that state. But I have gotten key recruits from outside my pipeline too.

And feel free to test drive a few teams.

10. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I bought the game. I played the game. I took the game out of the machine. I had sex with the game. I put the game back in.

Yeah, I'm down.

I liked N.C. State the one game I've played with them, and right now they have a verbal commit from me. But I plan to try the other four teams in the next day or two. If someone wants those teams, they're more than welcome, though I'll do my best to test everyone and sign somewhere in the next 24 hours.

11. RecentAZgrad

Just saw Arizona is a B-, so I'll grab them.

12. Hank_Scorpio

I've been trying to find some of the missing team ratings and not finding them.

Don't think it will add too many though (maybe Arkansas and Arizona State)?

Draft saved Draft deleted