1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Selection Sunday Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

This year's Butler team is better than last year's ... just don't have the assortment of marquee wins to prove it this year.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Surprised to see Tennessee in UNC's bracket. Thought they could possibly get a 1 seed, but would at least be the highest 2 seed.

A-10 gets three bids.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I can't wait until Wazzu makes it to the Sweet Sixteen. I wonder if Billy Packer has even seen them play this year.

4. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

butler AND tennessee with dicey seeds already. This also means Duke is a No. 3 seed (or should be).

5. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

Tennessee might have to play Butler, Louisville and UNC to get to the Final Four. That's brutal.

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Really going out on a limb there, eh? A good number 11 against a 6 that doesn't deserve to be a 6.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Meanwhile, CBS's Gumbel is slobbering about how great a job the selection committee did this year.

8. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Texas is probably the No. 2 seed. I don't know why, but they have to be.

9. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

1/4th of the way through, and the brackets already are total horseshit.

I bet fuckin' Duke gets to play in DC or Raleigh.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Yea, Tennessee got royally fucked. Louisville is very good, I think they win the bottom half of that bracket.

12. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Just not impressed by Oklahoma. Not saying I'm going out on a limb with it, rather, just an upset special.

Draft saved Draft deleted