1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Ryder Cup '06 thread - SPOILERS (like you couldn't figure that)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Rules of Golf, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The cheerleader on BBC radio was predicting a 7-1 or 6-2 Euro day just a little while ago so I guess I could have been worse.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It was looking pretty bad earlier. If you're the U.S., you've got to be a little happy with this result.

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

The US can ill afford to be on the low end of another 5-3 day, though. They have to come out aggressive early.

If Europe gets to 9 by the end of the day tomorrow, it's over.

4. [​IMG]

Look, I love America like the next guy, but I took the smart bet here and will soon be swimming in gratis Titleists as a result.

I missed every second of this today because I am traveling, but is anyone here at all optimistic that the US will win? Back in the days of name changes, I would have changed to Ben_Crenshaw and said I had a feeling about this...

5. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Random question... when they play alternate shots, how do they decide what ball to use. That popped in my head while I was watching today and obviously not every player plays the same ball so does anyone know how they decide and if it's even an issue?

6. KP

KP Active Member

Do you mean which ball, as in the physical ball itself? The two teammates decide before they tee off.

7. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

The top two U.S. teams -- Furyk-Woods and DiMarco-Hefty -- got whipped this morning. Garcia-Olazabal were nails again. Still, U.S. could still pull out a split. Zach Johnson has been strong. Cink-J.J. Henry team was 2 down at the turn but they're in position to win by winning 16 and 17.
    The U.S. was on the verge of going down 8-4 or even 9-3 -- at one point, the British announcers said it was over, the entire Cup, for Europe -- but Woods didn't have a birdie in the morning round.

And in this day and age of instant access, it's a disgrace NBC is on tape delay. Just show it live then repeat it later.

8. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Whoops. J.J. Henry three-putts 18. Euros steal a half.

9. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Yeah, that's what I meant. Just wondered if it was ever an issue because you know all those guys want everything just so, and if it was ever much of an issue on which to use.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I will not watch a second of it on tape.

And I love watching the majors and the Ryder Cup.

11. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

I'm sure the suits at NBC are reeling over that announcement.

12. It's getting to the point where the only way this is going to be a contest is if the U.S. is able to take residents also: i.e. Els, Singh and Goosen.

Draft saved Draft deleted