1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Republican Debate Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Aug 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'm suprised Paul didn't say "I can still see the chocolate coating" after the hugging-Obama stuff.

The KKK base would have roared.

2. Doom and gloom

Doom and gloom Active Member

Kasich looked good on his home turf. I think Rubio and Carson, when they finally got around to involving him, were good. Trump's mouth will set off World War III. Unless he owns the balls of every major power's leader already, or their money man, he's toast. Unfortunately so.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Was Ted Cruz as big a wallflower as the postgame shows and social media seem to indicate? The Canadian appeared to be MIA.

4. Doom and gloom

Doom and gloom Active Member

Really dumb and childish. The children in the Demo side play the race card like crying for candy. They just can't get that these people think his policies are horseshit and it's not about color.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Sure.
    [​IMG]

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Possibly but Kasich got in really late with so many of the other campaign experts already committed elsewhere.

Walker's biggest threat is Kasich - they're similar states with somewhat similar demographics. By January, I expect them to flip in the polls.

Rand Paul is such the sanctimonious son with the loony libertarian dad.

7. exmediahack

Ted Cruz is a wallflower because he does his best work with a captive and friendly audience and where he is the main speaker.

This isn't really his forum and I just don't see a Cruz candidacy catching on within Republican circles.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

MisterCreosote likes this.
  9. exmediahack

The overall question...

Who among us wouldn't at least love to watch a three-candidate debate with Clinton-Trump-Bush?

10. exmediahack

Watching Ben Carson... what the hell is he doing with these clowns?

Get him back in the operating room. He probably still has good years left in that field.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Cruz seems to have a non-aggression pact with Trump. What that entails, I don't know. He (Cruz) may just be laying low, keeping his powder dry and waiting for when Trump goes supernova.

12. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Pollster Frank Luntz channeling Rex Ryan in the Fox postgame. Wish he'd stop staring at the lady's feet in the front row.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.