1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Regular Season 2010 College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Sep 2, 2010.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Pitt and Utah heading to overtime in Wlat Lake.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Pitt makes the FG. But Utah calls timeout.

Pitt MISSES the FG. But Utah calls timeout.

Pitt makes the FG. We go to overtime.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Funny fact: 4 former Wartburg (DIII) players or coaches are on GVSU's staff.

Iowa State: good win, but boring to watch. Cyclones damn near let Northern Ill. back in it in the 2nd half. State salts it away, 27-10.

Pitt and Utah: what the hell on that FG?

Oh, Armchair, you'll love this. Barta announced before ISU's kickoff that Ferentz has signed an extension to 2020. Best part, Barta took a page from Jamie Pollard's playbook. ;D

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Wittingham about to get bailed out. Utah makes interception on first play of overtime.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

GVSU beats West Texas, 34-31. Let's go Utah. Win this puppy.

6. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Either South Carolina is going to be a lot better than they've been the past few years or Southern Miss is in for a long season. That was about as thorough a bitch-slapping as I've seen Southern take in awhile.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know if USC would win the Pac 10 even if they were eligible. They look a little sloppy, like the kind of team that could beat a ranked team by 10 and lose to a cellar-dwellar the next week.
    I thought Utah would have put that game away earlier. Pittsburgh looks like a team with at least two more losses in them.

8. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

USC's secondary looks bad.

Bad sign when you play in a conference with Locker, Foles, Luck, etc.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

They're starting a true freshman who was not an early enrollee, which means he didn't go through spring ball and didn't show up on campus until about a month ago yet he's better than anybody else they have.

10. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I'm pretty sure that's 4 2-PT conv. attempts for SoCal tonight.... That's just mean.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I'm not saying that a lot of Utah fans were white, but they make a Jack Johnson concert look like a racially diverse group.

The might be more midgets than African Americans wearing red in the that Utah rowd.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Can't say I didn't warn you: Vol fans saw last year up-close-and-personal just how antiquated Monte's D can look against a modern offense. Locker will win the Heisman based on his 450+yard performance against the Trojans.

Draft saved Draft deleted