1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Pro-/Anti-Holiday Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Oct 1, 2007.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

*kicks Christmas in the face with steel-toed boots*

2. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

It appears I placed the powder keg in the room. Here's the first of what I am sure will be many lit fuses:

http://www.wbbm780.com/pages/1043399.php?

3. T2

T2 Member

Expecting to hear a sports talk show Monday, I tuned in a local radio station and discovered it had started playing Christmas music around the clock.

In this case, though, they weren't jump-starting the holiday season. Actually they had just fired all their talk-show hosts and producers without warning because the big bosses had decided to change the station's format for the second time this year (after giving the talk shows only six months to find an audience). With the former employees safely evicted from the building, they've been secretly preparing their new format this week, to be unveiled Friday. In the meantime, the canned Christmas music is a stunt to keep the station on the air.

Draft saved Draft deleted