1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Pro-/Anti-Holiday Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Oct 1, 2007.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Good God!!! Even at the bottom of the page for this thread there's a Christmas-oriented ad (from candle co. called firststreetonline.com)!!!

2. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Thank you, ArnoldBaker....Nice to know I am not alone.

3. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Let's not forget the true meaning of Christmas: The birth of Santa.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

It's that time of year:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Try drugstores carrying Christmas stuff and Carlton Cards in mid July. Happened here in Halifax. Now that is scary...what were they expecting snow in July. I know our weather is crazy but COME ON!

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!

7. pallister

pallister Guest

I prefer Easter, when we celebrate the resurrection of the Easter Bunny.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Or, to quote Ebenezer Scrooge:

"What's Christmas time to you but a time for paying bills without money; a time for finding yourself a year older, but not an hour richer; a time for balancing your books and having every item in 'em through a round dozen of months presented dead against you? If I could work my will, every idiot who goes about with 'Merry Christmas' on his lips, should be boiled with his own pudding, and buried with a stake of holly through his heart."

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I was called "Scrooge" all last Christmas season because I, a single dude who lived alone in a house he could barely afford if he didn't work two-full time jobs and only spent six hours a day in said house, four of which were sleeping, didn't buy a tree and decorate my house in Christmas droppings.

This year, I'm doing the same thing. Only I'll be doing it in a different place.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

The assault on Christmas continues.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

Draft saved Draft deleted