1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running PGA Championship Thread ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Claws for Concern, Aug 8, 2007.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Yes it would, but I wouldn't bet on it

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Fuck, I can do that.

3. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Bet I could make a 12!

4. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

I watched that Cabrera fiasco. Shades of Tommy Nakajima!

What was he trying to prove, asking for a ruling on the original OB four shots/five strokes later? Somebody will get a good article out of that one.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Cabrera's caddie was unavailable for comment following the round.

6. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Wish I could help you, man. Tulsa is a craphole. I've had no luck finding a good restaurant there that isn't of the Applebee's/Outback/Olive Garden variety.

7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Tiger, those footsteps you're hearing while tied for 35th place after 1 round belong to Roger Federer, who sits but one major behind you. No pressure, no pressure - just a possible 'evening the score' Nike commercial, is all, if you leave the door open after this weekend.

8. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Rory Sabbatini...

Platy, are you in-country? Let me know, via PM.

9. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Tiger, his trophy wife and $100 million annual salary probably won't lose much sleep over Roger Federer. His new baby? Perhaps. Federer? Nah.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'm a little ignorant about some things, but doesn't Federer play tennis?
    Do baseball teams with one less World Series title than Tiger has majors have to worry?
    How is there a competition between Federer and Woods? Who is ahead in the battle between Laver and Nicklaus? McEnroe and Tom Watson?
    Jesus.

11. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I do think Roger is gaining on him in the NOW category though.

12. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

The clips they showed of Daly on SportsCenter in the post-round presser were hilarious. Jack Nicklaus could probably tell you what club he hit on his approach on the 8th hole at some Pro-Am in 1964... Contrast with Daly who said "I think I hit driver on one of the holes" (I assume the reporter was asking him what he hit off the tee on a particular hole). Crossing over from another thread, to those that have covered Daly, is he a good guy to cover?

Draft saved Draft deleted