1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NHL 09 team thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RecentAZgrad, Mar 5, 2009.

1. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

Creating this as a way to keep track of the team spawned off of <a href="http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/2354752/">this</a> idea.

I've created the team. Hank and Wallace have already been invited. Hustle, Jake and Storm -- I tried to invite you guys, but it wouldn't let me just yet. Anyone else who wants in, just let me know.

2. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Once I play it, you should be able to add me. I'll fire it up tonight.

Thanks for starting this!

3. I just posted this on the Running Video Games thread before noticing this one. I'm interested in joining the team. My character is an offensive defenseman. Gamertag is: Bristol Whipped.
    Yes, shamelessly stolen from the handle on this site.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I'll either be goalie or a d-man.

5. RecentAZgrad

Cool. I can play D or offense, too. Gold, just sent you an invite.

Here's who we have who's either been invited/wants to play:
    RecentAZgrad (twothreeseven)
    Hank_Scorpio (Hank Scorpio510)
    Wallace (Wallyhockey17)
    goldglovechipper (Bristol Whipped)
    StormSurge (StormSurge)
    JakeandElwood (anders2004)

6. Hustle

Hustle Guest

As mentioned elsewhere, my plan is to have the game in hand by next weekend. I'll keep an eye here in the meantime.

7. RecentAZgrad

Shoot, thought I included you, Hustle

Here's who we have who's either been invited/wants to play:
    RecentAZgrad (twothreeseven)
    Hank_Scorpio (Hank Scorpio510)
    Wallace (Wallyhockey17)
    goldglovechipper (Bristol Whipped)
    StormSurge (StormSurge)
    JakeandElwood (anders2004)
    Hustle (Hustle78)

8. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I think I'm out for now. I just dropped money on MLB, but I might get the game later and join up.

9. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Any tips for me? I started my Be A Pro career as a RW (I'll play whatever you guys need) and after 5 games I have zero points. I have managed to rack up a ton of PMs though!

It stinks because I don't earn any XP & obviously can't improve my player.

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I started one as a goalie and I sucked at first, even got called into the coaches office and was told my starts would be cut.

I have since rebounded my last few games and got told that I would get a few extra starts now.

in my BAP NHL player, I play as a defensive and take a bunch of shots from the point.

I guess the only advice I can give is to try to get into some open space and call for a pass. (Just remember you can hurt XP if you have bad calls for passes).

Storm, do you use classic controls or the stick controls? I think I'm using classic. Hopefully, whenever we start this online, everyone can choose their own controls.

11. I use the default controls. As a defenseman I tend to shoot from the blue line but I'll go straight at the goalie if the lane is open.

As a wing, I would say try setting up behind the net and call for the pass or call for it as you get to the middle near the goalie and shoot.

12. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I'm using the default stick controls.

As much as I'd like to use the NHL '94 controls (are those the same as classic?), I figured I'd be better off in the long run if I can get the stick controls down.

Draft saved Draft deleted