1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Week XVI thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Dec 21, 2006.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Packers-Vikings tonight on the Network. With both teams still mathematically alive for a playoff berth, what will happen to MidwestSportsJournalists.com?

Saints-Giants on Sunday. Giants are still alive for a playoff berth, despite doing their level best to flush a once-promising season down the toilet. The Saints, for all of their success, haven't clinched the No.2 seed in the playoffs. So, it's a big game.

Jets-Dolphins on Monday Evening. The Jets are one of the NFL's best stories. Can they defeat their hated AFC East rivals Christmas Night and stay alive in the AFC Wild Card race?

All this and more, starting tonight...

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Does the game really happen if only 10 percent outside of Green Bay and Minneapolis see it?

I say no. Fuck the NFL Network... and that goes for you, too, Rich Eisen. Just because.

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I'm sure rosie is looking forward to see if Tarvaris Jackson can pull this off. :)

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Doubtful, as all of three people actually get the NFL Network. I presume Rosie is listening by the radio, wondering, along with most of America, when The Network will be on cable providers.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Do be sure to tongue Tony Romo's nutsac.

It's never happened here before.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I need a big week in my Pick 'em League (I already missed the deadline in the SportsJournalists.com pick em league, which pisses me off). I've got a one game lead with two weeks and 32 picks to go.

300 bones on the line. I'll start by rooting for GB tonight.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

From the let's-get-Brett-Favre-the-TD-record dept:

Nearing half -- Favre 29 passes, Packers 8 runs.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Or Brett Favre's ballsac.

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

10. Herbert Anchovy

John Madden knows the every which way of those sacred vesicles.

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

If Brett Favre ran for president in Kazakhstan, he would win in a landslide.

(for all the Borat fans)

12. MCEchan36

MCEchan36 Guest

Does anyone else feel bad for Favre? I mean this is absolutely pathetic. It's like Jordan shooting 25% or something.

Draft saved Draft deleted