1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Week 6 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Trey Beamon, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Re: Vick against the Giants ... geez, his WR are garbage

Vick's exciting to watch. From that fumble and that pick and the way the Giants linebackers have lit him up at times, it's easy to see why he's revolutionized the game.

VIVA LA VICKBALL!!!

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Who the fuck decided Vick was "one of the biggest topics on the board?"

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Your love for Vick is part of your schtick, A_F. Most of the rest of us could care less. This could have been confined to the running thread.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Texans-Cowboys

Rams-Seahawks

Which to watch? Both of them SUCK!

5. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

OK, is anybody else annoyed by this Ford commercial that keeps running, where the Ford truck pulls the semi out of the tunnel so the ambulance can get by?

The ambulance has its sirens and lights on, obviously an emergency situation, and the truck douche bags are just casually walking along, trying to look like bad asses, but just taking forever to move the semi instead. God help me if I'm ever being taken somewhere in an ambulance that is trapped in a tunnel, waiting for a guy in a Ford truck to clear the way.

6. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Vick is one of the most controversial athletes in sports. It's a split 50 percent think he's an overrated scrub who can't throw; the other 50 think he's a revolutionary athlete who think he should be let loose.

Ok, so it's more 75-25, or 80-20, but based on previous threads on this board, Vick is a name that sets people off.

The Giants have sacked him 3-4 times.

Oz, did you miss the drops by the WR? The TD run?

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I have a research project for AF. Before the Falcons lost to the Eagles in the 2002 playoffs, yours truly wrote Vick was a man out of his own time, a single-wing tailback masquerading as an NFL quarterback.
    For a somewhat more authoritative source on the topic, last year Bill Belichick showed writers some old films of his Dad's days as a pro in the early '40s, when everyone but the Bears used the single-wing, and opined that Vick would be "awesome," "unstoppable" in the formation.
    So AF, you're the Vick guy in these parts. Find out why the hell Atlanta never tries this idea? For a big game or even just as part of their offense package, it'd drive defensive co-ordinators to distraction.
    When you find the answer, report back.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Nope. Been watching the entire game. He's exciting to watch at times, but he's frustrating to watch, too -- Saints game on Monday night being the best example of that.

I watch Vick. I like Vick. I don't know if anyone can throw a deep ball like him. But he's just not accurate enough on his short to mid-range passes to avoid having the Falcons' offense from being hit and miss at times.

9. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i believe i remember he was rated as having such superhuman ability that he made michael jordan, jim brown, baby jesus and tiger woods weep a sea of tears at their inability to measure up to the mighty vick's standards of incredible feats of vickball, which was once called football, until he 'revolutionized the game' (without winning jack shit, other than a big east title)

so, perhaps he's a tad overrated

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Your terminology is grossly incorrect.

Vick is one of the most frequent topics you start, and it's due primarily to your own illogical obsession with a quarterback who has yet to lead his team to any great postseason success (and a QB who, as Oz just noted, has problems succeeding in the intermediate passing offense). There is a rather large difference between that concept and "one of the biggest topics on the board."

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Vick shakes the bottle. Good television.

But, jeez, Moose must be busy, doing #7's laundry and writing his press releases while
    commenting on the game for Fox.

12. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

viva vickball!

michael vick has had the greatest half in the history of a 7-3 game!

7-3 games will revolutionize football

viva vickball!

Draft saved Draft deleted