1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Week 6 Thread - Cowboys-Pats hype!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

It's just something that's been brought up ad nauseum by people saying the Cowboys are shit. That's all I'm doing.

And just to set this out there. I don't think the Cowboys will win this week. I'm hoping I'm wrong, so please don't confuse my posts as some kind of justification that they Cowboys will win. I think it will be a close game, closer than many of you on here think, but we'll see.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

;D ;D ;D
    "Why do I always have to straighten you guys out!"

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I'm not sure who and what the Cowboys are. Are they the team struggled against the Giants and Bills? Or are they the team that smoked the Rams and Bears?

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I guess we'll find out Sunday :D

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Pats 38-27. Romo will play better, but the Cowboys' Mickey Mouse secondary will *finally* face a QB capable of exposing them.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

It's time for me to prove just how fantastically inept I am at picking NFL games!

You know you love it.

Anyway, onto this week's matchups! As always, best bets are bolded

7. pallister

pallister Guest

I'll take the 'Skins as my upset pick. Perhaps that's just wishful thinking, though.

And HB, why do you think the Vikings will win? Even a less-than-stellar dinged-up Bears team matches up well with them. Just curious. I expect the Bears to win because if they don't, the Packers win was meaningless and they can forget about contending for the playoffs even in the weak NFC. I see the Bengals in a similar must-win situation in the AFC, so I think they destroy the Chiefs.

8. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I know my Chiefs suck, hb, but do you really think the Bengals are a "best bet" at Arrowhead. Did you see that defense two weeks ago? Horrendous.

9. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Patriots 30-17

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Not sure whom I want to win in Pats-Colts. It's like trying to decide between Stalin or Pol Pot.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Dead. To. Me!!!!!!!!!!!!

And as much as I hate New England's fans, I hate the Cowboys worse this week.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

I meant Cowboys. My bad. I have surprisingly little anger toward the team that beat the Bears in the Super Bowl.

Draft saved Draft deleted