1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Week 6 Thread - Cowboys-Pats hype!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

The magnitude of that game for Buffalo fans is what I think did Romo in. It's easy to get shaken in a noisy stadium that hasn't had MNF there in 13 years and who already hates that particular team.

As for the opener, the defense is looking much better. No tds allowed in something like 9 quarters. And now its' the Cowboys turn to feel slighted for being a home underdog by more than a field goal, oh and they happen to be undefeated an an underdog.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The improvement on defense I'm curious to see. Buffalo is no test with a rookie quarterback and underachieving receivers. Lynch is a player, but that's all they have.

Can't say I'm buying the part about the crowd in Buffalo. If Romo can't handle that, he's not going to be able to handle the kind of pressure the Patriots put on him, either.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Cowboys at least have a chance to put some pressure on Brady, which no one else has come near to doing. If they can't, their situation will become unpleasant very quickly.

4. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I hat Romo throwing four picks, and I was being nice with the score, but we're on the same page.

And I agree with KY: The game of the year will be Colts-Pats.

5. Tommy_Dreamer

That much I agree on. they were able to pressure Manning last year and thusly got the win.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Being nice with the score? You're out of your gourd man.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Cowboys fanboy, but I think Pats win 31-17.

8. HandsomeHarley

38-17 is out of my gourd?

9. Tommy_Dreamer

ah crap, I was looking at Chuck's score, sorry man. Chuck is quite often out of his gourd.

10. HandsomeHarley

That's OK. So am I.

11. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Are you seriously talking schedule strength in the NFL as a factor in assessing match-ups?

12. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

[​IMG]

"Look at the schedule!"

Draft saved Draft deleted