1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Week 5 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Oct 8, 2006.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

It's not so much me as it's Ty Webb.

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Obviously you have not been privy to any Miami Dolphins games.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And the second half was just damn depressing, at least for a Steelers fan. That is not a playoff team. Only positive right now is they still get to be defending Super Bowl Champions for a few more months.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Maybe you can get some officials to help you out the next few weeks. All is not lost.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Roethlisberger is just not healthy. He and Drew Bledsoe should pose for statues in the park.

6. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

As of right now, Rivers. Big Ben is looking like a guy who missed a good chunk of the offseason. He looks rusty and out of form.

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Right now, his only decision is whether to get sacked by the guy on the right or the left. His mobility and release are way down.

8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

An observation: This week just might be the most predictable week (as far as final results) we will see this season.

How do I come by this opinion? I'm in a football pool with about 30 other people. It's one where you pick the winners and give each game a point total (14 for a mortal lock, down to 1 for the game you really aren't sure about). After the Chargers game, I've picked every game correctly but one: The Giants-Redskins contest, which I gave a measly 1 point. I should be looking pretty good to win something, right? Nope, because there are about eight people in this pool who have now run the table and at least three will stay perfect no matter who wins between the Ravens and Broncos.

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Well, that's sort of my point. But the Steelers will stick with Big Ben rather than playing Batch. Damn the torpedoes!

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

How dare you all question the established greatness of the youngest Super Bowl champion QB in history!

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Roethlisberger is at least in the top 40 percent of NFL quarterbacks ... but not at this moment. At this moment, he's in the bottom 30 percent. Whether it's the offseason work he lost while injured, the recovery from the appendectomy, suddenly feeling he's not bullet-proof, whatever ... he's not the same QB as he was last season.

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Steelers fans, some of football's most fickle, are going bonkers on the postgame call-in shows.

One fucktard demanded Roethlisberger be traded; another compared him to Tommy "XFL" Maddox and Bubby Brister. Charlie Batch would probably win the Pittsburgh mayoral vote right now.

Yes, 1-3 sucks. But it's not the end of the world. Lighten the fuck up, steel town.

Draft saved Draft deleted