1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Week 5 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

What the hell happened to the field in Foxboro? Was there a drag race there last night?

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Philly? I would have said Seattle or Dallas (should they win today, like I think they will) before Philly. But that's so far down the line. With the nature of injuries in the NFL, a lot can change in one week. Let's not worry about that yet.

I'm still stunned to see Tennessee leading 13-7. The Titans were only 18-point road underdogs. (A tad much, I think.)

3. unwitty

unwitty Member

Dye,

Yes, I understand this. My question was meant to be more general. Not specific. Sorry to confuse.

Are teams a failure if they fail to win a title? This has always intrigued me.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Don Criqui is still a solid announcer.

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

The first game I every watched was the Bears/Pats title game, so I've been drinking the Kool-Aid since I was five.

I'm still afraid to say the Bears are good. I have a sneaking suspicion that their offense is still too shaky....

But I'm loving every minute of this season. ;D

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Well, you knew it couldn't last ... Manning-to-Wayne from 2 yards out, Colts lead 14-13 with 5:10 to play. Also, the Vikes now lead Detroit 19-17 with three minutes to go.

I would love to see upsets in both games, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Roy Williams getting hurt at the start of the game does not please the fantasy owner in me.

8. unwitty

unwitty Member

Has there ever been a Bears team that has scored 30 or more points in three of the season's first five games?

I honestly don't know. After today, the Bears are averaging 31.2 points per game. So, much for 'Bears football.' Damn meatball Chicago fans.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This Reggie Bush kid might be all right. Punt return TD gives the Aints a lead.

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

That was beautiful.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

161 all-purpose yards for Mr. Almost As Good As Mario Williams.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Texans didn't need that kid. You have to admire players that can hurt you so many ways.

Draft saved Draft deleted