1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Week 5 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I hate to say it, but I think Whitlock was right concerning Culpepper from the get-go. He's not starting today. Harrington is ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2617505

... Granted, they're saying it's related to injuries, but that doesn't take away from the story.

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Culpepper came back much too soon. It's obvious he sucks is not near 100 percent.

Oz, you like the Steelers chances tonight? I don't.

1-3 here we come! :mad:

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Good lord, I haven't been following the NFL enough this season. This amazed me:

Are they really ready to give up on Daunte already?

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I actually do. Martyball blew it for the Chargers last week in Baltimore. And when you need a quarterback to make plays late, who would you rather have, Roethlisberger or Rivers? That's what I thought.

EDIT -- Anyone still not think the Bears are legit. And you can't even say, "Oh, it's the Bills," because Tennessee is beating the Colts 10-0.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

That was nice of you, Pube, to delete your post declaring Culpepper "superior in ever way" right after Harrington started carving up the Pats. Don't worry, I saw it.

Harrington made a bad read on that interception, but he looks so much better than Dante right now, it's crazy.

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Vikings won't lose to the Lions today ... or will they?

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The next time my local CBS affiliate wants to understand why it is DFL in the ratings, it can take a look at its programming accumen. Instead of showing the team 3 hours up the road with the best following in the area, enough so that it has a radio affiliate here, lets watch the Bills get cornholed in Chicago. ::)

8. unwitty

unwitty Member

This is crazy, against the No. 1 rusher in the NFL, Chicago has given up 16 total yards rushing at half. Oh, and Losman has been picked off twice in throwing for just 59 yards. Bears 27, Bills 0. Wow.

After last week, I may have to start drinking the Kool-Aid even if this week it is just Buffalo.

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Chicago is for real. They won't be losing at Soldier Field, and it'll take a hell of a good team to beat them on the road.. I'm guessing 13-3 and homefield throughout, barring injuries

10. unwitty

unwitty Member

Here's my question, in your book, is Chicago a failure if they don't win at least one playoff game? Or are they a failure if they don't make it to the Superbowl? Or do they have to win the whole thing?

I subscribe to the idea that every season is a failure unless you walk home with the biggest ring or trophy. Just interested in other's thoughts.

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

It's Week 5, dude.

12. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I'm not a fan, I just have to watch them every week. Right now, they're fully capable of winning the NFC title. As far as disappointing.. I'm not really sure. I guess it'll be a disappointment if they don't win a playoff game. But they'll be fighting Philly for homefield down the stretch.

Draft saved Draft deleted