1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Week 1 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flash, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Damn, can't believe this hasn't been started. I did a search but nothing showed up.

Almost had a heart attack when I read this ... have been a Bucs fan for quite a while.

The Sports Network

7/26/2007 8:01:55 PM

Tampa, FL (Sports Network) - The Tampa Bay Buccaneers released Simeon Rice on Thursday after the veteran defensive end failed a physical.

After beginning his career in Arizona, Rice played six seasons with Tampa Bay, recording 69.5 sacks, the third most in team history. In his first five years with the Bucs, he had at least 11 sacks each season.

Rice battled a shoulder injury last season and it limited him to eight games and just two sacks before he was placed on injured reserve.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Re: Official running NFL 2007 thread

Curtis Martin retires and wants a front-office job ...

NEW YORK (AP) - Curtis Martin hopes to run straight from the backfield to the front office.

After retiring from the New York Jets on Thursday as the No. 4 rusher in league history, the 34-year-old Martin revealed he has his sights set on becoming an NFL owner.

''Ever since you have seen me as a player, I've been looking at myself as an owner,'' Martin said at a small, 45-minute news conference at the team's Manhattan offices, one of several stops on a whirlwind media tour.

''Most people see me as a low-profile player, and I've always seen myself as a high-profile owner,'' he said.

3. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

Is this the official NFL thread?

If so, a nice surprise for the Browns: starting CB Bodden arrested.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=73927

4. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Hooray! The official NFL thread! I've been waiting for this.

That's all.

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

We're not having a running year-long thread ... a weekly thread will do just fine.

6. Anyone think the spreads are a little funky this week? Bill Simmons would make a killing if, you know, he made bets...

7. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

Just looked for a place to drop that nugget, Gutter. Thanks for the edit.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Better?

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I'd say the lines are funky because no-one really has an idea who's got what right now.

They're just trying to balance the books.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

The Belichick-Mangini Passive Aggressive Twit-Fest continues unabated...

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Bumping this back up for Colts-Saints...

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

In a surprise, I'm actually going to watch this game.

Draft saved Draft deleted