1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Week 1 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

That shit was ridiculous. An excellent reason to avoid the pregame.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Granted Saban should have thrown the flag sooner, but isn't it ridiculous that the refs can't use freaking replay to determine if a flag was thrown prior to the kick.

3. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Was Saban waiting for a personal invitation to throw the flag? Did he expect the bullpen car to pick him up and drop him off in the middle of the field?

Of course this is the same coach who said "losses don't matter" in a press conference which, even in a city as apathetic as Miami, will cause the beautiful people to turn their heads and say WTF?

4. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

If Nick Saban was smart, he would have wailed the red flag at the official's head. Oh, but wait. That would be too presumptuous.

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Good to see Daunte Culpepper back to his old form.

6. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Fuck you, Nick Saban.
    I'm playing against Heath Miller in my fantasy FB league this week, and his laziness cost me 12 points (TDs over 50 yards are doubled in value).
    If I lose this week by 12 or less, I'm going to kick coach Satan's ass myself. :mad:

7. joe king

joe king Active Member

Never mind that, why did Cowher pull Willie Parker at the goal line? Damn fumble served his ass right [bitterWillieParkerfantasyowner]

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

One man's pain is another man's gain. :D ;D ;D :D :D ;D

That's some fucking GOOD karma to start the season. Well, for me at least.

So is this: I came thisclose to yanking Miller from my lineup, due to the Batch Factor, and replacing him with Shockey (auction league, I figured the 10 Giants fans in the league would go higher than $9 on Shockey, oh well, nice problem to have, two TEs). But I believe that unless somebody pulls a Steve Foley, you keep him in your lineup once you've submitted it.

I had the TV on mute, saw a big dude running and the letters MILLER came into focus. Turned it up, started jumping up and down and yelling for him to get in to the end zone. Then I yelled at the Steelers to kick that fucking extra point. Then I yelled again when the refs decided Nick hadn't tossed the flag in time. Fuck you Nick, that's what you get for being such a goddamn turd to the nice ink-stained wretches.

Then wifey says "You know, you can't do that when we move and live in a two-family." Yeah yeah well it was a fucking 83-yard TD catch from my tight end! How often does that happen?

Answer: It was the longest TD catch for a TE since 1974!!! Holy fuck!!! I LOVE THIS GAME!!!

(sorry Big Red, I will come on here when I start to suck at this and let you have your shots)

9. joe king

joe king Active Member

I can't believe no one here has said anything about Joey Porter kissing his freakin' coach! WTF???!!!!!

10. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

No problem.... I was in my office with the game on as background in the living room. Rushed out just in time to see the replay.... and then you know the rest.
    I'm just pissed because it's a bad omen for my year... I'm trying to shake back-to-back losing years and now this happens. oh well, there's plenty of week - and season - left.
    But still, fuck Nick Saban. :)

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Dude, I feel your pain.

Two years ago, I lost the season opener when Edgerrin James fumbled at the 1-yard-line during the Thursday game. I told the guy I was playing "I guarantee you I lose by less than that touchdown." Lost by four or five pts and finished 5-9.

Hopefully you have better luck!

12. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

I can't believe nobody's talking about Willie Parker.
    Damn, he looked impressive.

Draft saved Draft deleted