1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Week 1 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Pittsburgh's NBC affiliate wrapped up its pre-game show with season predictions...all four talking heads picked the Steelers to repeat. ::)

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I'm tuned in to NBC. Where's the game? ???

3. Johnny Dangerously

Oh, I see what's going on. Hmm.

I haven't watched the NFL since 1979. Is it always this overblown and pretentious?

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

The Bears need to call up Shane Matthews. :) That's going to piss Good Doc off.

5. Chuck~Taylor

6. Johnny Dangerously

If I know Nick Saban, he's going fucking nuts right now waiting for all this bullshit to end so the game can start. He's probably turned to Harvey Greene twice in the last 20 minutes and said, "Call somebody!"

(inside joke for a select group of LSU beat writers)

7. Chuck~Taylor

Oh no. Pink is doing a Hank Williams and singing the pre-game song. Damnit, just bring back the NBA on NBC song.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

And it wasn't even on SNL.

[​IMG]

9. Johnny Dangerously

I tuned in for this "kickoff special" because I thought it would be a pregame show -- with, like, analysis and stuff. Boy, was I wrong.

10. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

There's nothing worse than straining to make your own lyrics to an established song. Gracious that was horrible.

I can't watch Madden anymore without thinking of Caliendo. The more I hear Madden, the more I think Caliendo's money.

11. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

John Madden is NBC's new color guy. I knew that, but wasn't aware the guy had his own popcorn popper.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Yes they will.

Draft saved Draft deleted