1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Conference Championships Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KevinmH9, Jan 11, 2009.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

Not with their head coach. :D

Speaking of the Cardinals, we always hear about the coldest championship games. Which one was the warmest? I'm hoping Cards-Eagles tops it. Go global warming!

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I suspect the roof will be closed in Glendale.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

High today in Phoenix was 56. Expected to be upper 60s-low70s next weekend.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Even so, they'll close it to increase the noise. That's what they did against the Falcons.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Word for word.

I'm leaning Cardinals-Ravens right now ... which makes me want to put a bullet in my brain just thinking about it. Roethlisberger can be mistake-prone and he's susceptible against Baltimore's defense.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

My picks for whatever they're worth:

Eagles: I think they are this year's version of the Giants. The team that got hot at the right time.

Ravens: I posted the following on the Divisional Thread but I think it bears repeating: A columnist or NFL talking head said, following last year's Giants-Cowboys playoff game, that it is almost impossible for one team to beat another three times in a single season.

I don't trust the Steelers O-line against Baltimore's plethora of blitzes. If Roethlisberger throws up a prayer while facing a blitz and Ed Reed's nearby, that will turn into points for the Ravens.

The Ravens offense is more explosive than it was in previous years. Baltimore's running backs (Le'Ron McClain, Willis McGahee and Ray Rice) have and have shown breakaway speed. Flacco has managed the games very well and has shown an ability to get the ball down field, to stretch a defense. And Derrick Mason has been as good as he ever was.

Just one man's opinion.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

No, Jeff Fisher coaches the Titans, not the Colts....

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

A Cards-Ravens SB could be the lowest rated ever...except for those of us who will tune in for the Bruce halfitme show.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

The 1999 Titans beg to differ, and the 1999 Jaguars hate you.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

All-Pennsylvania SB.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Steelers beat the Browns three times in the 2002 season, each time by three times. To repeat that feat against the Ravens would be even more meaningful, given that Steelers-Browns game was only a wild card game.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Those are exactly my concerns about the Ravens as a Steelers fan. The Ravens had their chances in both games. I think 93Devil is correct in suggesting that the injury updates on the Ravens will be key.

Oz, didn't the Steelers beat the Browns three times in '94, too?

Draft saved Draft deleted