1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NCAA Basketball Thread 2014-15

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I hope you're right, but it's going to be hard to replicate the post defense they had last year. Akil Mitchell's hedging was such a huge part of their success. The offense should be nice, though, especially once Perrantes comes back.

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Heard a stat yesterday that in father/son coaching matchups, father knows best by a 16-2 margin going into yesterday's Pitino matchup. Make it 17-2 for dear old dad.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Kentucy 72 Kansas 40 (28 1st half/ 12 points in the 2nd half) Did the Kansas varsity team get caught in Buffalo?

4. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I think it's just Kentucky is really good.

Credit Bill Self with the best line of the year so far, though. Heading into the post-game presser, he picked up a bottle of water, took a sip, then said, "I was hoping it was vodka."

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

UConn and Calhoun got caught in some problems about graduation rates, how does Kentucky avoid that problem? Do graduation rates not count if a player is drafted before using all their eligibility?

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Gonzaga is beating St. Joe's 60-11.

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Don't believe I've ever seen a roster as deep with raw talent as this UK crew. Ten guys on that team that are legit NBA material. Oh, and their roster is also bigger on average than every NBA team's except one--they are HUGE.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I would love to see what that team could do staying together for four years, instead of being one and done.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's a 50-50 bet as to whether it'd become a dynasty or fall apart from the internal stress of too many good players for the available playing time.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The APR is based upon number of players on scholarship, how many are academically eligible and how many stay in school.

http://www.allgov.com/news/top-stories/with-an-8-percent-graduation-rate-are-the-university-of-connecticut-basketball-players-really-students-140408?news=852868

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

That could be true for this season alone. I doubt Dean Smith or John Wooden always pursued 12 McDonald's All-Americans every year. You need role players as glue.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The Donnie Tyndall era in Knoxville could make Lane Kiffin's stay seem as long as Gen. Neyland's.

Look for Tyndall to get tossed before Christmas because of his Southern Miss stupidity, with Ben Howland the likely replacement.

Draft saved Draft deleted